BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#114432 - 01/19/10 12:52 PM Re: my video's [Re: TenPin_]
RDubYa Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Florida
OK, Spectral, here are my observations and comments for experimentation. Others may not agree and that is certainly also welcomed.

Your footwork seems a bit short and choppy for a person your size and you end your approach a significant distance from the foul line. This could be a product of your short backswing. Usually "the body follows the ball" so to speak.

I also noticed that you appear to be young and athletic at age 24, yet you are wearing a large wrist brace. Do you have any physical limitations or health problems that require the brace? If not, I think you might consider bowling without it - that will allow for more flexibility in your wrist at the time of release which could increase your rev rate and roll.

In the setup, it appears that almost all of the weight of the ball is in your bowling hand with the brace. This would cause the muscles in your bowling hand, wrist and forearm to tighten and this does not usually promote a free armswing. I have a feeling that if I grabbed your forearm during your setup I would feel tight contraction in all of your arm muscles.

I would suggest trying to move most of the ball weight to your non-bowling hand in the setup and try to relax your grip, wrist and forearm. This will set you up to have a more relaxed armswing which will most likely take a natural arc into a higher backswing. A tense wrist and forearm will also fatigue more easily over the course of a set or tournament.

Finally, it is also important to let the ball fall from the top of the backswing via gravity rather than muscle control. I don't see that in some of your videos.

PBA player Bill O'Neill has a neat tip on the Kegel Training Center website. He says that the best bowling tip he ever received was "not to pull the ball down from the top of the backswing". You can see his tip at the link below:

http://www.kegeltrainingcenter.com/V2/foVideos.aspx?iKodVideo=4

Let us know if any of these suggestions are helpful. I believe that a more free armswing with a natural arc and absence of muscle control will help your game and also give your footwork a more natural and smooth approach. You obviously love the sport and want to improve your game. Posting your videos will hopefully continue the process. I would also recommend working with a coach in your area, who can observe your entire game first hand.

Good bowling!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
my video's spectral 01/19/10 08:29 AM
Re: my video's Time-To-Roll 01/19/10 11:10 AM
Re: my video's sk8shorty01 01/19/10 11:16 AM
Re: my video's TenPin_ 01/19/10 11:44 AM
Re: my video's RDubYa 01/19/10 12:52 PM
Re: my video's spectral 01/19/10 02:12 PM
Re: my video's Time-To-Roll 01/19/10 03:20 PM
Re: my video's 10PinGaloot 01/21/10 02:04 PM
Re: my video's spectral 01/21/10 02:09 PM
Re: my video's cgeorg 01/21/10 02:28 PM
Re: my video's spectral 01/21/10 02:32 PM
Re: my video's spectral 01/21/10 03:03 PM
Re: my video's cgeorg 01/21/10 05:19 PM
Re: my video's spectral 01/22/10 02:24 AM
Re: my video's spectral 01/21/10 01:36 PM
Re: my video's cgeorg 01/21/10 01:42 PM
Re: my video's spectral 01/21/10 01:48 PM

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 04:35 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 01:00 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.