BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: How to hold the bowling ball by spr3wr @ Yesterday at 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: LindaDelcampI'm sort of a new bowler (been on a league for about 3 years, before that hadn't bowled since the 1980's). I'm a little confused. I recently saw some you tube videos on bowling and one of them suggested that you ho
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Resurfacing a 900 Global Bounty by SteveH @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

The 360/1000/2000 worked very well on this ball. No polish. It remained strong, but still had good length for this bowler. Pretty darn good ball for his faster, higher-rev no thumb release. Frankly, not much different than the new ones. But that
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: RIP Crux by SteveH @ Yesterday at 03:36 PM

No idea, have to ask Sk8
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Replacement for towel by SteveH @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

I know all the pros use them now, at least many of them. A friend has one and I love the size and what it does, so we're getting two. Wish they had different colors. Buddies is the cheapest price I've found at $17.95, so Master is taking advantage
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 5 by FuriousSam @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

It is funny sometimes. I think it has more to do with worrying about the next shot being bad because you want to keep the good times going so to speak. Sometimes I see a delayed 10 pin on a pocket shot and my first instinct was to move inside inste
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 2: The Chat Line by vdubtx @ Yesterday at 12:46 PM

Rough night for me as my targetting was off. Pull one frame, let it sail the next. Just all over the place and not myself. 218-206-203 = 627
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: Advice On Dealing Disruptors by mmalsed @ Yesterday at 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By: MDLee3I have a rule that if somebody wants to talk trash to me and then wants to bet, it's a scratch bet. If it's my idea to bet somebody with a lower average, I will give them handicap, but if they are the ones that propose the
New Member Intros & Tech Help
Jump to new posts Obsessed by White_Rabbitt @ Yesterday at 11:01 AM

Hey everyone! My name is Josh. I've been in the community for the past month and am in the Virtual League but finally getting around to intros. I've been bowling recreationally for years but have recently (6 months ago) gotten way more serious about
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 4 by explorer05 @ Yesterday at 10:14 AM

First game was good. But then I just bowled like @*&%. Still trying to figure out what my problem is. This is not my normal bowling. Just a bit [censored]. 250-196-168=614
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Made me think. by SteveH @ Yesterday at 09:03 AM

Great advice Joe, especially given the conditions beginners will likely be playing in. I use my Crown a lot in practice, a ball that has minuscule hook. It's helped me work on my hand motion and changes. To the extent now that the inside of my thu
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 8 thread by Dave800 @ Yesterday at 07:11 AM

204-197-198 tonight on a tricky long oil pattern just couldn't be consistent enough made my spares, was a 3 game grind it out night and tiring
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 3 by wronghander @ Yesterday at 01:06 AM

176+203+217=596 tonight. Disappointed. First game I blame on not being warmed up enough (two opens in the first 3 frames, blech). However I think my center tweaked the pattern a bit so didn't have as much success as I was hoping for in the last two g
Pro Bowling Tours
Jump to new posts PBA on ESPN vs. Darts on Sky Sports by BIGHMW @ 01/29/15 11:19 PM

Can't we bowlers get ANY kind of respect from the mainstream media for even bowling a perfect 300 game on TV? Compare that to what professional dart players get over in the U.K., where they are treated as rock stars by both the fans (who are certainl
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Diamond Flush 2.0 by Vic44 @ 01/29/15 09:15 PM

Hey Flush. Good to hear we pulled some games out. I plainly stunk last week, and was fearing the worst. Complete apologies for my performance. Onward and upward to next week. Because of Super Bowl Sunday, my Sunday evening team bowls at noon
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 7: Seven Wonders by Charlie98 @ 01/29/15 10:09 AM

...I'm right there with you. 183,163,201 547/182avg. Just yuck. Whiffed 3 10-pin pickups in a row. My spare shooting has really gone to... well, you know where. *sigh*
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 1: The Big Red One by Gohokies @ 01/28/15 10:55 PM

Couldn't string strikes tonight 210 207 190 607. Thank goodness for a 6 for 6 night on ten pins to save a decent score. My only turkey was to strike out in the tenth in the second game.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread by Richie V. @ 01/28/15 10:53 PM

Tonight's bowling, frame-by-frame (Linked to BowlSK sheet) This was no disgrace tonight, but I thought I bowled a little bit better than I scored, too. The main thing was that I closed my games well, and it's often not how you start, but how you fin
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: How would you handle this situation? by MDLee3 @ 01/28/15 05:07 PM

I'd be happier if I wasn't in this situation. If you would have asked me 5 weeks ago, my answer would have been that I just want to finish this year with him and then find a replacement for him for next season. When he walked out the first time, no
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Originally Posted By: Max I hope someone makes them realize this is not right and they change it back to the 220 which still is not as high as the top bowler thus far after 3 weeks, but closer. I bowled on my senior league this morning and the league
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: RIP Chuck Pezzano by Richie V. @ 01/26/15 08:03 PM

I should have suspected, but didn't see he was also a USBC Hall of Famer. He was actually a member of 11 Halls of Fame.
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Re: Winter '15 V-league Week 2 results by SteveH @ 01/26/15 07:35 PM

Thanks for the hard work Richie, appreciated by all. Hope you can dig yourself out by Thursday, looks bad for your area. We're going to get a few inches maybe, and I won't be jealous.
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for the versatile dry lane ball by champ @ 01/26/15 06:21 PM

I saw a lot of guys struggling with the Pitch Black at the WTBA World Championships as well. It seems to be vogue among international players to try to force urethane on everything right now. I wonder how much that plays a role as well. I had a Natu
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Re: Winter '15 V-league announcements & discussion by Richie V. @ 01/26/15 04:39 PM

There is going to be a delay getting results posted, after all, but initially due to a technical error with the league blog, as I appear to be unable to upload the necessary PNG files. I have notified the webmaster, but with the storm coming on my en
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: The Bowling Approach and Timing - Video Lesson by sk8shorty01 @ 01/26/15 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: BowlerBillThat is one of the very best videos I have seen. Excellent production and content. Why thank you! I appreciate that very much!
Bowling Ball Reviews
Jump to new posts Re: Is it common for a ball to chip after 1st use? by wronghander @ 01/25/15 10:57 PM

You should definitely request an exchange through the pro shop where you purchased it. Columbia 300 balls are backed by a 1 year warranty. http://www.columbia300.com/resources/faq#faq3
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
How to hold the bowling ball
by spr3wr - Today at 04:28 PM
Resurfacing a 900 Global Bounty
by SteveH - Today at 03:38 PM
RIP Crux
by SteveH - Today at 03:36 PM
Replacement for towel
by SteveH - Today at 03:31 PM
Advice On Dealing Disruptors
by mmalsed - Today at 11:27 AM
Made me think.
by SteveH - Today at 09:03 AM
PBA on ESPN vs. Darts on Sky Sports
by BIGHMW - Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by Richie V. - 01/28/15 10:53 PM
How would you handle this situation?
by MDLee3 - 01/28/15 05:07 PM
Changing average equitable basis in middle of leag
by MDLee3 - 01/27/15 06:42 PM
RIP Chuck Pezzano
by Richie V. - 01/26/15 08:03 PM
Winter '15 V-league Week 2 results
by SteveH - 01/26/15 07:35 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2015 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.