BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Approach issue-my shoes or my head?? by rrb6699 (RayRay) @ Today at 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Edy13"there are times when I rush my approach I feel my slid foot slipping and I have to remind my self to slow down." I'm really slow at the approach, even when I try to do the one step drill I am feeling 'slippery' a
Beginner Help
Thanks Joe. I will use the aggressive drilling then. As to weight, with my most current drilling, I have been able to sneak up to 13lbs. I have only one ball right now in 14lbs, my Century 21 rubber ball. I plan on putting the same drilling on i
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: New Targeting Formula by Joe Bowler @ Today at 12:07 AM

In a worst case scenario, with a test shot straight up 1 board not hooking back to the pocket, my preferred target line would still be off the corner, if the pattern is center heavy (Badger - yes, Shark - no). The reason is at least 1.5 degrees more
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 5: Fab 5 by Smooth Stroker @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

I haven't been on the same team twice so I don't think we will end up together. Too bad, I would rather stay with this team. I had a lot of fun virtual bowling with you guys. Hope to meet you on the virtual lanes in the near future.
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Problem hitting my target/mark. by 6_ball_man @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Joe BowlerHi Pat. Welcome to the forum. One question is where is your mark? If it is down the lane, the ball may actually be hooking before it gets there, especially on shorter, lighter oil patterns, which could account for t
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 2: Live2Bowl by 6_ball_man @ Yesterday at 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Richie V.6, you could have simply resubmitted, noting the correction in the message field, but I'll accept what you've posted here. tyvm!
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Winter 2014 Team 1 by champ @ Yesterday at 03:18 PM

I shot 243, 200, 218 for 661 in our last week of league. I agree with Tim, its been a pleasure bowling with all of you, and we did make a good run at it. This may be my best finish in a virtual league yet. I still have a few weeks left in my leagues
Videos
Jump to new posts Re: Input on my form and approaches by spr3wr @ Yesterday at 11:42 AM

Don't think the swing is lower just a difference in camera angle? 1) You should start with your left foot in front of the right . This will open your hips at the start. As of now your hips are pointing left. 2)You really try to rip the cover off the
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter 2013-14 Leagues thread by Calvin Pistorio @ Yesterday at 09:30 AM

Somehow I managed to bowl a 603 series for the second week in a row. This is the full run down of how it happened. I had 8 opens, 5 of those were splits, 2 were washouts and the last was chopping the 3 off of the 3-10. I believe I only threw one sh
Videos
Jump to new posts Re: Approach Advice by Joe Bowler @ Yesterday at 06:35 AM

That wasn't the response I was expecting. But hey, if Jack Jurek, Brad Angelo, and Kelly Kulick are your bowling heroes, then I guess you're all set. Good luck!
New Member Intros & Tech Help
Jump to new posts Re: Train me to be like Zeus... by sk8shorty01 @ Yesterday at 02:11 AM

Welcome to the boards! Feel free to post a video in the video section and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts League duties by SteveH @ 04/19/14 07:02 PM

We were called into service this year when our secretary/treasurer had a stroke. I can't begin to tell you how hard this job is, especially when you pick up a briefcase and start from scratch, ground zero in the middle of a crater. I just opened my
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Help me with drill layout and other questions. by Deep Pockets @ 04/19/14 06:06 PM

Okay slowly falling for the idea of this ball, but I'm still hard debating on weight. I feel like I can do more with a 14lb ball than with a 15/16, but i've played with 15/16 before and it probably wont phase me too much. Some players on this forum s
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Re: Sign-up for Fall '14 V-league open (close 8/17) by Richie V. @ 04/19/14 03:01 PM

I have you, steveA, but you could have just saved the email confirmation that I thought I sent you.
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 8: The Ocho by Richie V. @ 04/19/14 02:54 PM

(thumbs-up to Chuck)
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 7: Good Luck Bad Luck by BOSStull @ 04/19/14 06:56 AM

Same here RayRay. Good LLuck to all. My final weeks scores 201,224,180= 605. Need to get out this bad last game slump.
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: Ball Speed Calculator by Eternal Bowler @ 04/18/14 03:46 PM

The method I use for calculating my ball speed (and this is how I've done it for quite some time actually) has been mentioned before. It's the 60 feet/x seconds (decimals are very relevant) and then multiplied by 15/22 (fraction converting ft/sec to
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: 6-Pack Abs by General Pounder @ 04/18/14 08:33 AM

Dennis: Modern medicine is interesting. Back in October when I was out for 2 months, I had an abscess that had to get removed. The hole that it left was about 5 inches long by 2 wide by almost 2 deep. No stitches. They put a wound vacuum on it a
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 4: Tripped 4s by Dave800 @ 04/17/14 11:17 PM

191-242-201 end to another season summer sport league for me coming in a few weeks, just cant stay away I guess
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 3 3-16-14 Scores by Richie V. @ 04/17/14 02:44 PM

Charlie98, I took the liberty of closing the brackets in that quote tag so the quote would actually appear as a quote.
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 USBC Open Championships by Richie V. @ 04/16/14 01:47 PM

http://www.bowl.com/News/NewsDetails.aspx?id=23622321559 Graham Fach (22, L, Urbana, OH), a collegiate bowler making his first Open Championships appearance, rolled games of 290, 246, and 300 for not only the 9th 300 game of the tournament but the f
Bowling Ball Reviews
Jump to new posts Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review by SteveH @ 04/16/14 10:16 AM

I fully understand what you guys are saying. Someone else told me that because she's a full roller, that the Byte would be better. Also, bear in mind that the lanes we both bowl on have thinner oil, and Friday nights dries out quick. I'd have thou
Pro Bowling Tours
Anytime bro! I'd like to see one of you guys order yourselves a custom High 5 jersey to wear in your league or just out & about. Share some pics when you get yours in! The folks at High 5 Gear have their own Facebook page to share the pics in,
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: So, got my first ball..... by Lonemorf @ 04/15/14 03:39 PM

Thanks chap. Appreciated. Im currently just working on my approach - its all wrong it would appear. My targetting is way off too - but one step at a time.
Pro Bowling Tours
Jump to new posts Re: PBA League Finals - Sunday 2:00 pm ET on ESPN by sk8shorty01 @ 04/15/14 10:47 AM

You can use the button to hide spoiler text as a heads up (you must be in the full reply mode to see the button). See below: Spoiler Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Approach issue-my shoes or my head??
by rrb6699 (RayRay) - Today at 01:22 AM
How to match a ball to the player's style?
by nord - Today at 12:12 AM
New Targeting Formula
by Joe Bowler - Today at 12:07 AM
Problem hitting my target/mark.
by 6_ball_man - Yesterday at 07:55 PM
Input on my form and approaches
by spr3wr - Yesterday at 11:42 AM
Fall/Winter 2013-14 Leagues thread
by Calvin Pistorio - Yesterday at 09:30 AM
Approach Advice
by Joe Bowler - Yesterday at 06:35 AM
League duties
by SteveH - 04/19/14 07:02 PM
Help me with drill layout and other questions.
by Deep Pockets - 04/19/14 06:06 PM
Sign-up for Fall '14 V-league open (close 8/17)
by Richie V. - 04/19/14 03:01 PM
Ball Speed Calculator
by Eternal Bowler - 04/18/14 03:46 PM
2014 USBC Open Championships
by Richie V. - 04/16/14 01:47 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.