BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tournaments
Jump to new posts 2014-15 tournaments thread by Richie V. @ Today at 02:52 PM

This thread probably should have been started a couple of months ago, but, nevertheless, you can post about your local tournaments here.
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: That "Uproar Moment" by goneal32 @ Today at 02:51 PM

you guys are making me want an Uproar. Have any of you compared it to the Optimus? Thinking about replacing my Optimus with the Uproar, Have a Hyper Cell, Optimus, Ascent Apex..Like the Hyper Cell and also the Motiv, cant make myself satisfied with O
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread by IronMike @ Today at 10:41 AM

Well, my first 9 games to set my average this year went very well. Almost the exact opposite of sandbagging, you might say. Reset my average to 205 (ended at 184 last year) with 3 straight low 600 series. Then it all came crashing down last week.
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: My Team-mate is killing me!! by powell @ Today at 10:39 AM

Thank you for your suggestions. I think we have tried those having to do with different balls and surface changes, but we will try the others as well. It is insane to bowl in the same house on the same pattern on back-to-back nights and average 30
Bowling Ball Reviews
Jump to new posts Re: Storm Optimus Video Ball Review by djp1080 @ Today at 09:48 AM

Steve, I'm probably more like you, too, but usually my problem is not keeping my hand behind the ball and allowing it to do the work. Lately I've been taking a practice swing on the lane before I go ahead and throw a shot. It kind of gets me ready to
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose a new bag by rrb6699 (RayRay) @ Today at 07:13 AM

Originally Posted By: BOSStullRayRay I have the 6 ball Brunswick version made by Strikeforce with the features that you want. And as mmalsed mentions above on my normal THS I usually do not bring the middle section. sweet! how much are they? rr
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Tri-Grip by smarcus @ Today at 05:51 AM

Been reading all these posts about the trigrip. Too summarize my long history of bad drilling - for years numerous pro-shops gave me garbage until I stopped bowling for 6/7 years. A little more than 2 years ago finally got a good thumb-hole (had t
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 5: DJSW by Dennis Michael @ Today at 01:32 AM

well, I really sucked on Monday, 3-180 games. Hope things straighten out on Thurs. Took a lesson and came to conclusion that I have been pushing off late. Practiced and there was a difference that I noticed. I became smoother the more I practiced
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 9: The Whole 9 Yards by TCJ @ Today at 12:03 AM

Hopefully the rest of you can do better than I did or we won't be sweeping all the points this time. Today was really what you call an up and down day, with lots of ups and downs in each game. I had, I believe 22 strikes on the day. Not bad, righ
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Re: Fall '14 virtual league Week 3 results by Richie V. @ Yesterday at 03:03 PM

bigcall, I didn't want the "bye" to be too easy to beat, but I didn't think it would be this tough to beat with it set @ 20 pins of team average (5 pins/man). It may be something I'll revisit for future leagues.
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: Results from practice by rrb6699 (RayRay) @ Yesterday at 07:58 AM

do you bend your knee a lot at delivery?. whenever I want to make sure I miss right, I bend my knee more in my slide. I think this causes my shoulders to face more right. if not, something else is causing your shoulders to face right (rh) or you
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 2: Pin Seeking Missiles by Richie V. @ 09/29/14 05:31 PM

Five points won from "Triple x-X-x", and we're back to within three of the lead. Good week, guys!
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Wrecking Balls by Charlie98 @ 09/29/14 10:12 AM

Sam, I feel your pain... Our league went from 3-man to 4-man teams this season and it's really taken a lot of the fun out of it. 3-man moves well and you aren't there all night... 4-man just takes forevarrr. To make matters worse, our new 4th man
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: 2014-2015 Honor Scores by sk8shorty01 @ 09/29/14 10:08 AM

Shot 194-290-216 Friday night in league with the Storm Crux. Consistency at its finest lol.
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 4: Probable Cause by General Pounder @ 09/29/14 08:40 AM

Thanks Richie. I appreciate it.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Any rules on speed of play? by 6_ball_man @ 09/28/14 09:04 PM

Sport leagues prolly aren't the answer...I bowled for a few years in a 4 man that routinely took 3.5 hours. All them heavy hitters want two lanes and there are certainly less strikes I routinely bowl in a doubles league and a coupla singles leagues
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 8 Thread by Chuck @ 09/28/14 07:57 PM

almost forgot to submit scores this week.. too darn busy. Consistently near avg anyway.. Try to get back on the scoring this week.
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Ball Recommendation by rrb6699 (RayRay) @ 09/28/14 05:57 AM

sounds like you're asking for 2 different things. usually on a THS you can make any ball work. depending on ypur rev rate and ball speed, i'd say take a look at the Tropical Breeze line of balls. these balls are good general purpose balls and c
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 3: Triple x-X-x by Joe Bowler @ 09/28/14 05:35 AM

Good bowling, team. I had a better start this week keeping the ball inside the out of bounds, but with so little hold in the middle, I lost my target line in the transition. My scores...235, 183, 216 for a 634 series.
For Sale/Wanted; Bowling Classifieds
Jump to new posts Want Donkee 2-ball modules by rrb6699 (RayRay) @ 09/27/14 09:01 PM

I have the dolly part and one module in black. color not important but black is preferred choice. I just picked up what I have for $10 from a thrift store. no rush bit would like tp ge the remaining sections even if broken. I can usually repair i
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 1 by TheDemolitionMan @ 09/27/14 07:06 PM

Here's some practice results. Wish I could've finished that last game. Probably would've had a high 500 series or low 600 series. http://www.bowlsk.com/games/view-series.html?series=4584497886527488#comments
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Storm Roto Grip Match Maker Live by BOSStull @ 09/26/14 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: wronghanderFor $10 that's a really good deaI. Let us know how it went. Will do. I have no doubt that I will like at least one of these five balls, but which one will it be?
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Ball suggestions? by 6_ball_man @ 09/26/14 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: spr3wr USBC Bronze level Coach [censored] Ritger level 1 coach High game 300 X 2 High series 810 Current ave. 213 Off the topic, I love that the site censors a man's name (presumably) because it may have another meaning
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 7 by trekguy @ 09/26/14 04:55 AM

184,205,217 = 606 Chopped the 6-10, twice, in game one!
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Re: Subs wanted for fall virtual league by Richie V. @ 09/25/14 03:34 PM

"Bump" for recent posts list
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2014-15 tournaments thread
by Richie V. - Today at 02:52 PM
That "Uproar Moment"
by goneal32 - Today at 02:51 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by IronMike - Today at 10:41 AM
My Team-mate is killing me!!
by powell - Today at 10:39 AM
Storm Optimus Video Ball Review
by djp1080 - Today at 09:48 AM
Help me choose a new bag
by rrb6699 (RayRay) - Today at 07:13 AM
Tri-Grip
by smarcus - Today at 05:51 AM
Fall '14 virtual league Week 3 results
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 03:03 PM
Results from practice
by rrb6699 (RayRay) - Yesterday at 07:58 AM
2014-2015 Honor Scores
by sk8shorty01 - 09/29/14 10:08 AM
Any rules on speed of play?
by 6_ball_man - 09/28/14 09:04 PM
Ball Recommendation
by rrb6699 (RayRay) - 09/28/14 05:57 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.