BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 4: Probable Cause by ijohn83 @ 56 minutes 3 seconds ago

222 one split 201 one split & a missed 6 pin (but I would have nailed the 10 pin) 206 Clean, (with four 10 pin pick-ups) ~John
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Wrecking Balls by MiggityMatt @ Today at 01:47 PM

208, clean 225, clean 219, split Well, I was mainly back to throwing the ball with a crap/inconsistent release. Which didn't bother me too much as long as I was staying clean. Unfortunately, I got one out to the friction early and left myself a 3-6-
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: For stubborn straight-bowlers by Revenator @ Today at 01:07 PM

It almost sounds like you believe a person doesn't need to throw a hook to become a good bowler? I have an uncle who is in his late 60's and I'm in my late 40's, we went bowling some years ago, I was lighting it up throwing a nice medium hook, he was
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: best defiant in the line from roto grip? by champ @ Today at 12:36 PM

I had the original Defiant and the Defiant Soul. Really liked them both. The original was really strictly for heavy oil, and it was good for that, but if that's what you want you'd be better off with the Hyper Cell. The Soul for me was very versatil
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: Thumb Tape Help - Gets sticky. by mmalsed @ Today at 12:18 PM

btw - there is a difference between electrical tape and black bowling tape. I've found that electrical tape gets gooey and slides around and leaves a LOT more residue (after a bit of time) than does the black bowling tape. I'd recommend not using el
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Changing a polished ball by djp1080 @ Today at 11:00 AM

I've taken a higher grit pad to some of my polished balls to clean them on occasion. Polished them with Reacta Shine and they seemed to get back to factory finish reactionwise. When going to a hot water bucket treatment though, I tried covering the b
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 8 Thread by Chuck @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

Nice work Vamp.... I had a very ho-hu kinda night.. threw the ball pretty well, but had a couple splits and below avg cary. 205-228-228 = 661.
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 2: Pin Seeking Missiles by Richie V. @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

165-143-149=457 The frame-by-frame Tonight, it was too bad this league wasn't a real league, b/c I bowled better with the game on the line than I did the rest of the night, and you have no sense of what you need to win in a virtual league.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread by Richie V. @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Tonight's bowling, frame-by-frame (Linked to BowlSK sheet) This was a strange night, as I wanted the game to be on the line earlier in games, since my clutch bowling turned out to be better than my other bowling. I ended up throwing the first strike
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 9: The Whole 9 Yards by Doogie @ Yesterday at 12:27 PM

I am back and should be more predictably online now. Chapstick, I haven't heard that one before. I may have to try it sometime.
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: The Weak Ten pin? by steveA @ 10/21/14 07:11 PM

Nord what Revenator says makes sense, it feels wrong and is a risky line to play but I've been out there even lofting over the gutter to play down and in over first arrow / 4th board, it's certainly worth a go on some practice session. It's not dire
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 5: DJSW by steveA @ 10/21/14 06:58 PM

Not one of our better weeks. Costly week for 10 pins, missed 5 out of 10, can't remember the last time I was that poor.On an up note. split in the 10th cost me a 200 in the 1st 197. A 10 miss 1st frame was the only open in the 2nd for 234,and down s
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 3: Triple x-X-x by SteveH @ 10/21/14 05:35 PM

Thanks Joe, getting there and making progress.
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Adding new ball to the arsenal by spectral @ 10/21/14 10:16 AM

Hey all, My arsenal for the last 2 seasons has been: Roto Grip Defiant Soul Roto Grip Bandit This used to be enough for me since i was struggling my approach and release and could throw the bandit on virtually any condition but desert dry. This ye
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Re: Fall '14 Week 6 virtual league results by SteveH @ 10/20/14 08:26 PM

Looked it up Richie. 672 is in fact my highest league series. 266 is my highest league game. Quite a night, except losing the opportunity for my first ever 700 series.
New Member Intros & Tech Help
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie by Richie V. @ 10/20/14 11:57 AM

FAQ page for the league is here
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Help choosing a new ball by Cray @ 10/20/14 12:45 AM

I am a 180 average bowler. I currently use a used ebonite cross fire that I purchased at my local pro shop. I like a ball that has good backend hook. Not so much of a fan of a big hook right out of the hand as I do throw the ball with pretty high spe
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: 1500 abralon pad by Dave800 @ 10/19/14 07:58 PM

use this link to contact them, i bet they have some if yiu really want them. i got a few not that long ago http://www.abralonpads.com/ContactUs.aspx
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts First Day with the Storm Crux by SteveH @ 10/19/14 06:50 PM

First off, a beautiful ball with a fantastic fragrance. I wanted to test it out on our two houses today, and I got off to a let start. So around noon, I had a fresh shot from the morning next to some families and kids. This is not a super challe
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: New ball purchase question by SteveH @ 10/19/14 10:10 AM

Ready to try out my new Crux from Buddies this morning:) I also did the complete resurface on my Byte there, very fast turnaround. Fantastic customer service there.
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: anyone in Ct.? by 6_ball_man @ 10/19/14 09:11 AM

hmmm...doesn't look tooo good for Sunday. We are on our way out for breakfast...poker @ 11 AM, and we are meeting up with my cousion's daughter later on for supper..she's fro Providence. Next year, for sure, we can arrange a meet-up. Have fun witht h
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Bowling Links by BOSStull @ 10/19/14 08:35 AM

I made my PINTEREST bowling links public so everyone can see them. http://www.pinterest.com/bosstull/
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Chance to win a Storm Crux! by BOSStull @ 10/19/14 07:14 AM

Liked and shared. Ready for a CRUX or storm prize pack.
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: Breaking out of a slump by TheDemolitionMan @ 10/18/14 01:47 PM

I would recommend the videos so then you can look at them, and then also post them on the forum here. We have a lot of coaches on here as well as, bowling reps for the different companies. I'm sure a few of us could figure it out with you. Also, you
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 7 by trekguy @ 10/18/14 11:47 AM

194,227,231 = 652 Even remembered to submit!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
For stubborn straight-bowlers
by Revenator - Today at 01:07 PM
best defiant in the line from roto grip?
by champ - Today at 12:36 PM
Thumb Tape Help - Gets sticky.
by mmalsed - Today at 12:18 PM
Changing a polished ball
by djp1080 - Today at 11:00 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 10:28 PM
The Weak Ten pin?
by steveA - 10/21/14 07:11 PM
Adding new ball to the arsenal
by spectral - 10/21/14 10:16 AM
Fall '14 Week 6 virtual league results
by SteveH - 10/20/14 08:26 PM
Help choosing a new ball
by Cray - 10/20/14 12:45 AM
1500 abralon pad
by Dave800 - 10/19/14 07:58 PM
First Day with the Storm Crux
by SteveH - 10/19/14 06:50 PM
New ball purchase question
by SteveH - 10/19/14 10:10 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.