BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Body Moving Left by mmalsed @ 19 minutes 50 seconds ago

it's to get them left - you can only stand so far left before you run into the ball return, so if you walk left then you can get around it.
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 4: Probable Cause by vdubtx @ 58 minutes 57 seconds ago

Nice shooting again all. Hope to bring another nice series for us tonight.
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 8 Thread by Chuck @ Today at 09:10 AM

Sorry team.. not much of a performance on my side last night. I think my head was still on vacation in Aruba. I kept "throwing" the ball and couldn't get what felt like a clean release all night. Not surprisingly carry was TERRIBLE. 226
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Wrecking Balls by Smooth Stroker @ Today at 06:46 AM

Started with my Marvel Pearl. First game, Split out the box, split in the 8th but struck 3 of last 4 shots for a 223. Second game, split in the fourth frame but struck 4 of last 5 for a 224. Last game, transition in right lane got me. I missed two
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 2: Pin Seeking Missiles by Fin09 @ Today at 12:42 AM

247-255-249-751 tonight. Finally put 3 decent games together, made adjustments that worked, and executed good shots all night. Threw my 10 year old x-factor vertigo all 3 games, which is the ball I've thrown the most honor scores with. Had one open a
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 5: DJSW by Richie V. @ Yesterday at 10:39 PM

Only one position round in this league, steveA...just sayin'.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread by Richie V. @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

Tonight's bowling, frame-by-frame (Linked to BowlSK sheet) If it was possible for me to leave more "junk" than I did last week, it happened tonight. The sure thing I've noticed so far is that it isn't an easy house shot out there for me, w
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 9: The Whole 9 Yards by TCJ @ Yesterday at 01:10 AM

I think I can safely say that this was the worst night of bowling in three years, not including my left-handed stint. 173-155-143
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Re: Subs wanted for fall virtual league by Richie V. @ 10/28/14 07:05 PM

Haven't "bumped" in a while, but doing so now just so users know we can still use the subs.
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Re: Fall '14 Week 7 virtual league results by Richie V. @ 10/28/14 07:02 PM

GP, you know I try to run the format that makes the most sense for the number of bowlers, and it happened to be four-man this time around.
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Sore wrist. by spr3wr @ 10/28/14 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Calvin PistorioOriginally Posted By: wronghanderAgree with Dylan about using a wrist device, but another thing to do is get your span re-measured if you haven't done so. The span may be causing the issue if dropping down to 14#
New Member Intros & Tech Help
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie by explorer05 @ 10/28/14 04:07 PM

I did sign up as a sub for the virtual league.
Bowling Ball Reviews
Jump to new posts Re: Storm Crux Video Ball Review by BOSStull @ 10/28/14 02:42 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq3CcyOtB8o&feature=youtu.be Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01Ok, its not an actual ball review its for the Crux Crew stuff but I do talk about the ball and you get to see it roll down the lane with three dif
Tournaments
Jump to new posts 2014 WTBA World Men's Championships by Richie V. @ 10/26/14 09:21 PM

Starting the new world championships thread off with the USBC's announcement of the six-man squad for the tournament: Chris Barnes, Mike Fagan, Tommy Jones, Marshall Kent, Bill O'Neill, and Sean Rash; all six are PBA members. The official tournament
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 1 by Dave800 @ 10/26/14 08:10 PM

nice set! started on short pattern and its not my favorite pattern had 560 something 36', 28 ul lots of volume up front have to use a stronger piece..
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 3: Triple x-X-x by wklstoy @ 10/26/14 01:07 PM

Wow Joe, you sure have a funny way of shooting low 600 series. First last week and now this week. Me, I just put 3 mediocre games together.
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Ah yes, elbow inside by SteveH @ 10/26/14 11:34 AM

I find that by trying to keep my hand tight under the ball at setup created a lot of side rotation. Fixed that setup, then I worked on moving the left arm to the right, which allowed for a freer backswing, opening the shoulders, and allowing me to s
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 7 by trekguy @ 10/25/14 08:15 PM

180,184,179 = 543
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Rough Comparisons of Storm & Roto Grip balls by SteveH @ 10/25/14 04:33 PM

I have my tech specs for various balls from the Storm family. I know some are somewhat similar, but Storm seems to have a different reaction all their own. Contemplating another Roto Grip Wrecker, and was trying to match it up with a Storm ball as
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: For stubborn straight-bowlers by SteveH @ 10/24/14 05:20 PM

USBC training center has Bowl Score, a mechanical device which lifts a ball up a ramp, and releases it at a measured angle into the pins. The measurements show that 6% degree of entry is optimal, but hardly anyone has that type of angle. Some that
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: best defiant in the line from roto grip? by champ @ 10/24/14 03:37 PM

The Defiant was a very good ball, so I wouldn't steer you away from it, but the Hyper Cell Has the same coverstock, and in my opinion, a much better core. I think its one of the best balls out there for heavier volumes.
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: First Day with the Storm Crux by SteveH @ 10/24/14 02:58 PM

This is my new arsenal tonight. Although, I don't roll the ball quite this nicely.
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: Thumb Tape Help - Gets sticky. by Mkirchie @ 10/24/14 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: djp1080There's difference between vendors of black bowling tape, too.I do agree on this also, but I had an opposite experience with the Ebonite black tape. I did like that it was thicker and easier to place, but I personally fo
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Changing a polished ball by Fin09 @ 10/23/14 10:22 PM

Getting water in the holes won't do any harm. Just let the ball dry. Water evaporates. I've put most of my shiny stuff on my spinner and sanded them for 15 seconds on each side with a 4000 pad. It cuts down on the over under reaction you get when you
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

It's never too early for a good deal!
Shop Amazon - Countdown to Black Friday

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Body Moving Left
by SteveH - Today at 11:33 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 10:36 PM
Subs wanted for fall virtual league
by Richie V. - 10/28/14 07:05 PM
Fall '14 Week 7 virtual league results
by Richie V. - 10/28/14 07:02 PM
Sore wrist.
by spr3wr - 10/28/14 04:14 PM
Storm Crux Video Ball Review
by BOSStull - 10/28/14 02:42 AM
2014 WTBA World Men's Championships
by Richie V. - 10/26/14 09:21 PM
Ah yes, elbow inside
by SteveH - 10/26/14 11:34 AM
Rough Comparisons of Storm & Roto Grip balls
by SteveH - 10/25/14 04:33 PM
For stubborn straight-bowlers
by SteveH - 10/24/14 05:20 PM
best defiant in the line from roto grip?
by champ - 10/24/14 03:37 PM
First Day with the Storm Crux
by SteveH - 10/24/14 02:58 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.