BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: What Grit are Track Marks? by nord @ Today at 01:14 AM

Wow! So they are showing that lane friction actually raises the grit on a ball, not lowers it. So what would the grit be on my bowling balls that have 20 poway games on them without refinishing? 8000 grit?!
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 5 by BowlerBill @ Today at 01:13 AM

4/20/15 204, 221, 188=613. Too many opens. Could have shot closer to 670 had I covered the easy ones.
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 1: The Big Red One by bigcall @ Yesterday at 09:39 PM

A good way to finish the year. I wasn't thinking that way after the first game, but just got locked in after the 1st frame of game 2 throwing 21 of the next 23 for strikes. Started off the 1st pretty well with a double before leaving the infamous 3
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 3 by wronghander @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

Didn't clinch it but we're very close. Win one game this week and we're champions. I know we won't have Fin and he helped get us to this point so let's finish it off for him.
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Diamond Flush 2.0 by Richie V. @ Yesterday at 01:47 PM

How weird was last week? We won five from "The Big Red One", but still lost a position in the standings. We did move closer to the 50% points won mark, so we can go over it with a good last week. Let's finish this!
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Winter '15 V-league Week 14 results by Richie V. @ Yesterday at 01:43 PM

Everyone accounted for early Recaps & standings: http://www.bowlingfans.com/league/2015/04/20/winter-2015-week-14-results-standings/ As for subs, I already had one assigned for General Pounder, and I have two bowlers that have asked for them t
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 2: The Chat Line by vdubtx @ Yesterday at 11:12 AM

champ, have you had any practice on the Open Championship patterns? Went this past weekend to the ITRC in Arlington TX and bowled on both. Had a pretty good luck playing a lot straighter than I typically do. Started on the team pattern at about 8-9 a
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 8 thread by VampyreBowler @ Yesterday at 10:11 AM

lol...now if money were involved i'd post which ever was the best for that week with scored being verifiable from league secretary but hell...nothing is online line other than bragging rights so I'm not gonna lie...stayed true to using my sat night s
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Urethane balls do not exist... by nord @ Yesterday at 01:14 AM

If it is true the "Pitch Black" is a "real urethane" then Storm made one of the worst urethane balls ever created. Everyone I know who has one, or has used it, say it is a total fail. The core and coverstock choice was terribly w
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Re: Winter '15 V-league Week 13 results by Fin09 @ 04/19/15 11:53 PM

Thanks Richie. If we do end up clinching this week, and someone else needs a sub, instead, please make sure to fill out everyone else first.
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: Targeting at the Breakpoint by Smooth Stroker @ 04/19/15 10:48 PM

I usually draw a line on the lane of my intended ball path. I start from my laydown point and go through the arrows to the breakpoint. I target at the arrows but I look through the arrows at my set up to see my intended breakpoint. I make sure I'm fa
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: San Francisco Bay Area Bowling Scene by Dan300 @ 04/19/15 12:37 PM

I'll probably end up somewhere along the 101 between Petaluma and Santa Rosa.
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 7: Seven Wonders by Charlie98 @ 04/19/15 12:36 PM

Wow... roll the clock back 5 years, and I'm the 180avg bowler I was, again... 176,180,180 536/179avg. Weird lanes in the middle of the house. Even broke out the MX-10 during the 2nd game trying to get a handle on things. I was consistent, just no
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread by Calvin Pistorio @ 04/18/15 11:15 PM

My night on the lanes. I went clean through the whole first game and the second game until the tenth frame when I left a 10 pin when the ball hung onto my thumb at the release. I followed that up by chopping the 6 off of the 6-10 the very next frame
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Replacement for towel by BDay33 @ 04/18/15 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: SteveHOriginally Posted By: BDay33Sorry to bring this topic up again, but I do have a question. Those who use the Storm Shammy, you just use it to wipe the oil after every shot? You don't use it to clean your ball with cleaner a
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts nu line x-calibur legend? by ngvjeff @ 04/18/15 01:33 AM

so i was going through a couple old balls i had when i was in juniors, and i found a nu-line x-calibur legend and it brought back good memories. i was thinking about possibly bringing it out of retirement i'll have to take it to my pro shop and make
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Is my ball legal anymore? by champ @ 04/17/15 09:06 PM

Thanks for the info and the ideas fellas. I somehow happen to still have the original box. I'll have the number put on it and see what happens.
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 4 by mmalsed @ 04/17/15 01:44 PM

nice series!
Pro Bowling Tours
(Taken from PBA.com) Silver Lake Atom Splitters to Face Off Against L.A. X in PBA Elias Cup Finals Re-Match Sunday at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT on ESPN After yet another ESPN PBA League telecast that featured dramatic sudden-death roll-offs to determin
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Odie's Bowling Journal by mmalsed @ 04/15/15 07:57 PM

sweet! Love labs - mine is black lab
Pro Bowling Tours
Jump to new posts Re: PBA League - Semifinals - REVIEW by BIGHMW @ 04/15/15 04:18 PM

Here is the complete telecast from this week's semi-finals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YiFmZ3PARA
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 USBC Open Championships by Richie V. @ 04/15/15 12:59 PM

http://bowl.com/News/NewsDetails.aspx?id=23622323951 Scott Endersbee (32, R, Waite Park, MN) was unaware that a double in the 10th frame would give him the Regular Singles lead, but still delivered three clutch shots to put up a leading 785 series o
Videos
Jump to new posts Re: P*LEAGUE by Max @ 04/15/15 11:52 AM

Has any one noticed that it seems they may have stopped uploading these videos to You Tube? Kinda bums me , I used to look forward to a new one every week. Does any one know why?
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
What Grit are Track Marks?
by nord - Today at 01:14 AM
Winter '15 V-league Week 14 results
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 01:43 PM
Modern Urethane balls do not exist...
by nord - Yesterday at 01:14 AM
Winter '15 V-league Week 13 results
by Fin09 - 04/19/15 11:53 PM
Targeting at the Breakpoint
by Smooth Stroker - 04/19/15 10:48 PM
San Francisco Bay Area Bowling Scene
by Dan300 - 04/19/15 12:37 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by Calvin Pistorio - 04/18/15 11:15 PM
Replacement for towel
by BDay33 - 04/18/15 02:22 PM
nu line x-calibur legend?
by ngvjeff - 04/18/15 01:33 AM
Is my ball legal anymore?
by champ - 04/17/15 09:06 PM
...and then there were two - PBA League Finals
by BIGHMW - 04/16/15 10:25 PM
Odie's Bowling Journal
by mmalsed - 04/15/15 07:57 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2015 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.