BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Leagues 2014 thread by Richie V. @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

Tonight's bowling, frame-by-frame (Linked to BowlSK sheet) My +1 to end the league was there tonight, but I missed four single pins, three on the left side, one of which, if made, would have given the +1 to me. That said, however, I was only under a
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Confused I have been at this by Rick S @ Yesterday at 06:59 PM

Thanks all I am just a perfectionist in everything I do. I am going to keep at it and maybe take a lesson or something.
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to get back into it! by Doogie @ Yesterday at 09:12 AM

Your best bet would be to just talk to the pro shop operator and get a controlable middle strength ball to start. If your current ball is from that long ago most likley your hand has changed and you will just need to have your hand remeasured.
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: Quiet Eye by Doogie @ Yesterday at 09:04 AM

Ok, That is what I am trying to work out before I step on the lanes and try it. The articles I read have you inital or downlane focal point be a spot on the pindeck. If I would then move my close target at the arrows in and kept the same downlane foc
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Ball Damage and a Question by Mkirchie @ Yesterday at 08:47 AM

That's interesting about the newer urethane balls not being as strong as the old ones. I'm not sure why but I was under the impression that they were stronger than the old ones. I thought I had read it somewhere or saw a video about it. Mark
Videos
Jump to new posts Re: Approach and release by axel @ Yesterday at 01:52 AM

Thank you for your input. IŽll try to follow your advice. Yesterday night in houseleague bowling, I made some really nice and good feeling shots. Now I think, I can do the steps taking me to the next Level. Axel
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Help me choose a new bag by Lizard75 @ 08/19/14 08:05 PM

I've had a storm rolling thunder 3 ball for about 12 years now and need a replacement. Right now I use a joey to carry 4 balls with me. Originally looking at 3-4-5 inline option rollers but decided to just go with a 3 with a joey again. Unless som
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Re: Up to five bowlers needed to fill virtual league by Richie V. @ 08/19/14 06:46 PM

Filled vacancies can be tracked by following the league's announcements thread, but don't let filled vacancies prevent you from signing up, because we'll need to generate a pool of substitutes, as well.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: To Many Leagues? by mmalsed @ 08/19/14 04:55 PM

well, over/under really refers to the ball reaction - it will over-react and/or under-react . . . That CAN be because the oil pattern is very heavy to very light. . . you push oil around and the reaction gets . . . over/under. But to talk about it
Mikestormbowler91 had originally told me that he might not be able to bowl because his center (Brunswick) might close and he requested to be removed from the roster, but one of his sources told him they'll have leagues at least this year, so he's bac
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: Tournaments 2013-2014 by champ @ 08/19/14 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Joe BowlerThanks, Champ. And Happy Birthday to you! Thank you very much!
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Best STRIKE ball for a straight bowler? by aoiten @ 08/19/14 12:18 AM

OK. One thing about the Scout is that it only has a pancake weight so layout isn't much of a factor.
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Columbia 300, Disorder - Polish by Dave800 @ 08/18/14 07:32 PM

more underlying grit will give it some teeth while the polish over it provides some length. the higher the underlying grit is, the more length you should have, but it can lend to to some over/under on certain conditions. almost all of my current and
Jump to new posts Re: Sign-up for Fall '14 V-league open (close 8/17) by Richie V. @ 08/18/14 04:51 PM

Vic, I started the discussion thread, and I can't determine a starting date until I know how many teams I have, anyway, so that's the state of things right now.
Pro Bowling Tours
Jump to new posts Why the PBA is failing? Blame ESPN itself!!! by BIGHMW @ 08/17/14 08:58 PM

Yes, the powers that be in the PBA should also be blamed too, but, ESPN is also part of not only the ownership of it, but also they are a HUGE part of the problem for why the PBA is failing almost to the point where even THIS hardened bowler and bowl
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: Introducing Genesis Bowling Tournaments by champ @ 08/17/14 05:33 PM

I hope it does catch on Boss. It seems like a pretty cool idea to me. I'm only beginning my fifth season of bowling, but in that time it sees like there has been a big increase in the amount of tournaments being hosted by various individuals and orga
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Leagues that simply aren't social :( by Dennis Michael @ 08/16/14 09:16 PM

Its funny, but the Brunswick House is the only one around with 3 and 4 man teams. Other houses still have the traditional 5-man team leagues.
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: Add Bowling Revs By Adding Lag by BOSStull @ 08/16/14 12:39 PM

A video will have to be later. I injured my little toe before I was able to get to the lanes.
Bowling Ball Reviews
Jump to new posts Re: Lane Masters Advantage Review by svengali @ 08/16/14 12:39 PM

Ball companies have to pay just $200,000 just to become product registered with the PBA. There's also the cost of signing pros in order to get your equipment showcased on television. That makes it really tough for Lane Masters, Lord Field, and the ot
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Need a middle of the road ball by spr3wr @ 08/16/14 09:17 AM

You need to talk to your pro shop person.
Videos
Jump to new posts Re: New YouTube Channel Intro - Opinions? by mmalsed @ 08/14/14 11:43 AM

the first name needs to stick for a second. . . I had to watch it twice to get Logo Infusion - is that it?
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions on a better angel by BOSStull @ 08/14/14 06:08 AM

Originally Posted By: BOSStullThe pocket definitely gets bigger as the entry angle increases. But there are lot of variables. Tamer Bowling article is a good one and makes a lot of sense. http://tamerbowling.com/want-better-scores-on-ths-check-y
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer Leagues 2014 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 10:19 PM
Confused I have been at this
by Rick S - Yesterday at 06:59 PM
Trying to get back into it!
by Doogie - Yesterday at 09:12 AM
Quiet Eye
by Doogie - Yesterday at 09:04 AM
Ball Damage and a Question
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 08:47 AM
Approach and release
by axel - Yesterday at 01:52 AM
Help me choose a new bag
by Lizard75 - 08/19/14 08:05 PM
Up to five bowlers needed to fill virtual league
by Richie V. - 08/19/14 06:46 PM
To Many Leagues?
by mmalsed - 08/19/14 04:55 PM
Fall '14 virtual league announcements & discussion
by Richie V. - 08/19/14 03:39 PM
Tournaments 2013-2014
by champ - 08/19/14 12:36 AM
Best STRIKE ball for a straight bowler?
by aoiten - 08/19/14 12:18 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.