BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Motiv Tank Rampage Urethane by 82Boat69 @ Today at 05:27 PM

To wipe or not to wipe, that is the question; In the hey-day of urethane, the balls barely flared if they flared at all. Oil would collect right on a bowlers ball track. If the bowler didn't wipe their ball, their next shot was like revving your e
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Loving the sport patterns by 82Boat69 @ Today at 05:13 PM

Today, lane machines are computerized and very high tech. The oil volume for any pattern can be laid down front-to-back, back-to-front and side-to-side. When I was a kid, we laid down oil with a bug sprayer walking backwards and then evened it out
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Flat Pattern prep by champ @ Today at 01:11 PM

Yeah, you've got it right. 360 or 500 is so much more coarse than 2000 or 4000 that when you run the smoother pad over the top, you are trimming down the peaks, but not all the way to the bottom of the valleys. Now, a 4000 on top is still a 4000 fi
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Knee Pain? by W9JAB @ Today at 12:59 PM

Quote:What is flat walking? (walking on level ground?) YES
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: Okay - have to figure out how to deal with by BOSStull @ Yesterday at 01:04 PM

82Boat69 you reversed my thinking about getting Urethane. It was just a thought. After that night I replaced a couple of balls in my bag with 2 reactive Pearls which plays into your suggestion to go with reactive with weaker surface.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2016-17 thread by SteveH @ Yesterday at 10:06 AM

Second to last night of Friday league, I decided that with the temps high, I should bring three balls just in case. First frame, 9-spare. 11 in a row for 290. 2nd game 243, third was 235 for a 768. My second 700 series, but first in league. Yeah,
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 3: The Unbowlieveables by BOSStull @ Yesterday at 08:25 AM

Hey guys I know I have not posted much this season but still liked being on the virtual league. This has been a down season for me but having my equipment and health issues resolved I think I will see an improvement in the future. Good Luck to all.
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: 300 in less than 90 seconds by W9JAB @ 04/27/17 11:12 AM

I saw this a few days ago, Wild. Also how many balls do you need to own?
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 5: Lane Rangers by champ @ 04/27/17 12:52 AM

Its been good bowling with you guys! Congrats to all.
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Sign-up open for fall V-league (closes 8/20) by Richie V. @ 04/26/17 02:26 PM

I have opened sign-up for the fall virtual league, with the initial closing date of Aug. 20 (though I reserve the right to close sooner). The post below will have the usual links to the sign-up form and FAQ page: http://www.bowlingfans.com/league/20
Jump to new posts Re: Winter '17 Week 15 VL results, final standings by Richie V. @ 04/24/17 11:48 PM

Splits & Washouts do get the "Most Talkative" award for having the most active team thread during the season. I'll be getting ready to open fall league sign-up tomorrow.
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 7: 7 Baggers by Richie V. @ 04/24/17 11:41 PM

RayRay, did you at least get my Facebook message?
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Splits & Washouts by SteveH @ 04/24/17 07:15 PM

Great season, behind by one game. They held on, which is not easy to do, so congrats to them. Good bowling with all of you this season. Now I'm off to slay the Scorpion tomorrow night. Pretty darned thrilled last week to actually hit the board I w
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts PRODIGY BOWLERS TOUR -- 04-22-2017 "Single Ball" by Brownswick @ 04/24/17 11:23 AM

As some of our elite bowlers were in Columbus, Georgia bowling in the PEPSI Tournament finals, nine kids stayed after league to compete in this week's PRODIGY BOWLERS TOUR event. This episode begins with an update on how our BZ Roswell and some of o
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts This is worth 1:13 of your time by W9JAB @ 04/24/17 09:44 AM

14 pound vs 15 pound vs 16 pound Pin Carry in slow motion with a ramp If you haven't seen this it's worth watching. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6IQqV9ONdM Also sometimes I think the Bowling center slips in a caravel pin just for fun! https
For Sale/Wanted; Bowling Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: 15lb hammer limited by W9JAB @ 04/24/17 08:39 AM

Judging from "sloperdc" profile it's his first post, and also, somehow he thinks his used ball is worth $125 (giggle snicker)
Jump to new posts Re: Winter '17 VL announcements & discussion by mmalsed @ 04/24/17 01:39 AM

Oh right, i Blame the meds
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Motiv Tank Rampage Urethane
by 82Boat69 - 0 seconds ago
Loving the sport patterns
by 82Boat69 - 14 minutes 2 seconds ago
Flat Pattern prep
by champ - Today at 01:11 PM
Knee Pain?
by W9JAB - Today at 12:59 PM
Okay - have to figure out how to deal with
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 01:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2016-17 thread
by SteveH - Yesterday at 10:06 AM
300 in less than 90 seconds
by W9JAB - 04/27/17 11:12 AM
Sign-up open for fall V-league (closes 8/20)
by Richie V. - 04/26/17 02:26 PM
Winter '17 Week 15 VL results, final standings
by Richie V. - 04/24/17 11:48 PM
PRODIGY BOWLERS TOUR -- 04-22-2017 "Single Ball"
by Brownswick - 04/24/17 11:23 AM
This is worth 1:13 of your time
by W9JAB - 04/24/17 09:44 AM
15lb hammer limited
by W9JAB - 04/24/17 08:39 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.