BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Any rules on speed of play? by saabbowler @ 11 minutes 27 seconds ago

I have a situation where a couple are always slowing play because they have to select a new song on their iPods every time they throw a ball. Does your league have any rules concerning this?
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to understand this statement by SteveH @ Today at 10:05 AM

Not too much help around here for my style Dave. Some good pointers, but no real coaches. Yes, Chris at Buddies Pro Shop in CT was great on my two trips down there. When I'm releasing properly, the balls work as they should with good reaction.
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Resurfacing the Storm Byte by SteveH @ Today at 10:03 AM

I just talked with a guy at Buddies about it. He said that taking it to 4000 was too much, scale back to 1000 or so and use the step 2 when it comes in. Even though the Roto Grip Wrecker is the "same finish", it's like night and day wo
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Leagues 2014 thread by svengali @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Good stuff Vampyre. 168+182+202=552 for me on the 52' righty pattern tonight. Being the only lefty the lanes played really tight for me and I of course had to go very direct and keep my ball speed low. Managed just two strikes in the first game and
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions on a better angel by mmalsed @ Yesterday at 11:41 AM

it's about the angle of entry into the pins. so, each person's delivery angle will be different - you need to watch your ball and figure out what your delivery has to be in order to get that 6-8 degrees entry angle.
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Brunswick sold by SteveH @ 07/20/14 03:23 PM

Be nice to have "A" center like that around, but after renovations ours is pretty fair. Even with league discount it looks like lineage would work out to be $3 - $4 a night more than our regular league here. I'd pay it. I wonder how busy
Videos
Jump to new posts Re: Two years or no competitive action by SteveH @ 07/19/14 11:41 AM

What a fantastically smooth motion though. Definitely a better starting point than my own
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: push away tips by Dennis Michael @ 07/18/14 05:32 PM

Push away and topping are 2 different things. Generally, not related. in a 4-step approach, the push away should be consistent with your first step of your off foot. (the one you don't slide on) Focus on your target, and push the ball away, as if
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 USBC Open Championships by Richie V. @ 07/18/14 02:41 PM

Final Low to Cash: Regular Division Team: 2,803 Doubles: 1,106 Singles: 573 All-Events: 1,791 Classified Division Team: 2,347 Doubles: 944 Singles: 477 All-Events: 1,499 Congrats if you're getting checks
Jump to new posts Re: Junior gold, Buffalo, NY by Smooth Stroker @ 07/17/14 06:54 PM

Brandon finished 148th and didn't advance. Meghan advanced but not to match play and finished 38th. Meghan is running out of chances but Brandon is young and will be back next year. I love the youth. They are the future of our sport.
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Re: Sign-up for Fall '14 V-league open (close 8/17) by Richie V. @ 07/17/14 04:14 PM

With one month left, I shall now post the roster, which will be updated as I get more sign-ups (number of bowlers first, then the roster alphabetically): No. of bowlers: 27 6_ball_man AmpleSound bigcall, BOSStull, Bwlnggd cole Dave800, Dennis Micha
Jump to new posts Re: knee problem by steveA @ 07/17/14 04:07 PM

Another query on the same topic, spare shooting for single pins was a bit hit and miss but that doesn't surprise me What did was the splits I got, left the 8-10 5 times , only splits I had, no doubt some one can explain; entry angle into the pocket w
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Mexico City by Rocket Jr @ 07/16/14 09:39 PM

Tonight was Mexico city pattern, I scored decent averaged 187 but not many strikes. I was playing 18 at the arrows with break point at 15. I couldn't create any real angle to the pocket so was leaving fours,sevens, and tens on a regular basis. The fl
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any rules on speed of play?
by saabbowler - 7 minutes 22 seconds ago
Trying to understand this statement
by SteveH - Today at 10:05 AM
Resurfacing the Storm Byte
by SteveH - Today at 10:03 AM
Summer Leagues 2014 thread
by svengali - Yesterday at 10:28 PM
Suggestions on a better angel
by mmalsed - Yesterday at 11:41 AM
Brunswick sold
by SteveH - 07/20/14 03:23 PM
Two years or no competitive action
by SteveH - 07/19/14 11:41 AM
push away tips
by Dennis Michael - 07/18/14 05:32 PM
2014 USBC Open Championships
by Richie V. - 07/18/14 02:41 PM
Junior gold, Buffalo, NY
by Smooth Stroker - 07/17/14 06:54 PM
Sign-up for Fall '14 V-league open (close 8/17)
by Richie V. - 07/17/14 04:14 PM
knee problem
by steveA - 07/17/14 04:07 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.