BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: average Joe Skid-Hook-Roll? by 82Boat69 @ Today at 08:46 PM

You might also mention that using a Samsonite delivery causes the thumb and fingers to exit the ball very close together which reduces over all revolutions. He might not need to surface his ball at all if he gets more rev'z naturally. Better techni
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions for breaking off team by General Pounder @ Today at 04:46 PM

Be honest. Most of the time I have seen someone jump teams that has given a BS answer, it comes out eventually.
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Team finalized by General Pounder @ Today at 09:26 AM

Thanks Dennis. How have you been? Haven't seen you on here much (I haven't been on a whole lot more). We had a walk-on 2 years ago. We had a guy flake on us and there was a guy who came into the meeting who wanted a team. We told him that if t
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
I use to bowl in some mixed 9-pin no tap events with a pretty hefty payout. These events would draw every big stick in the area. Guys capable of throwing 20 MPH with 450 RPM. Getting 9 or more on every ball should have been easy. The problem, t
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Ball layout advice by spdarr @ 06/25/16 11:32 PM

I've never tried the "new" urethanes (with cores)... One of my friends still kept an old urethane with him for dry lanes. How did you drill the ball?
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: Reno Bowling Stadium - 2016 Open by Richie V. @ 06/25/16 03:07 PM

http://bowl.com/News/NewsDetails.aspx?id=23622326896 Like many bowlers who have major surgery, Robert Kruzic (54, R, Chicago Heights, IL) wondered if he'd ever return following back surgery last August. He no longer has to wonder, as he posted 621 i
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Leagues 2016 by wronghander @ 06/24/16 12:47 AM

Glad you got a chance to sub Rich. Disappointed with my night, started great with a 246 then had back-to-back splits and a 176 game 2 and 194 to finish the night. Had real trouble carrying in the last two games.
Jump to new posts Re: Advice / Tips for Bowling? by djp1080 @ 06/23/16 05:09 PM

Hannah, What he's trying to say is that when you begin your first step (i.e., your right foot), you should begin your swing of the ball by pushing it away from you. This will get your swing and steps in the proper timing sequence. As you do in your v
Jump to new posts You'd think by now... by W9JAB @ 06/22/16 02:50 PM

The earliest known forms of bowling date to Ancient Egypt[5] and the Ancient Roman Empire. Remnants of balls used at the time were found among artifacts in ancient Egypt going back to 3200 BC About 400 AD bowling began in Germany as a religious ritu
Beginner Help
I already have it set for 1/4 under, I was using a wrist support, so the other day decided not to use the support and found that my thumb began to rub on the thumb hole, right between the outside and top of the thumb, bad enough I had to use tape. My
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Does a ball really Skid-Hook-Roll?
by 82Boat69 - 21 minutes 18 seconds ago
Suggestions for breaking off team
by General Pounder - Today at 04:46 PM
Team finalized
by General Pounder - Today at 09:26 AM
When is it time to abandon the hook? I love to se
by 82Boat69 - Today at 07:03 AM
Ball layout advice
by spdarr - 06/25/16 11:32 PM
Reno Bowling Stadium - 2016 Open
by Richie V. - 06/25/16 03:07 PM
Summer Leagues 2016
by wronghander - 06/24/16 12:47 AM
Advice / Tips for Bowling?
by djp1080 - 06/23/16 05:09 PM
You'd think by now...
by W9JAB - 06/22/16 02:50 PM
Returning to bowling after a quarter century
by RGR - 06/22/16 07:36 AM
Sign-up open for fall V-league (closes 8/21)
by Richie V. - 06/20/16 02:51 PM
Hamstring Problems?
by 6_ball_man - 06/19/16 07:14 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.