BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Back-up Bowling by djp1080 @ 11/16/17 08:31 PM

Lynn, If you're doing well in shooting spares, you're well on the way to much better than average bowling. My guess is that you may stay with your backup ball, but you're not that far away from getting into a modern release hook player. It's just a m
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Back-up Bowling by mmalsed @ 11/16/17 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: LynnOriginally Posted By: mmalsed What I have REALLY noticed is that backups tend to be VERY good spare shooters, and honestly, I would FAR rather have a great spare shooter than one who throws 5 strikes a game but hits only 1 s
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Entry Angle by Dennis Michael @ 11/16/17 05:55 PM

hahaha, the ball may have been on the strong side. I did practice with a lower ball today. We'll see. I have been starting with that ball because of the fresh, heavy oil. Maybe I don't need it.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Entry Angle by champ @ 11/16/17 04:40 PM

I'm with your team mate Dennis; replace the ball. When you're leaving 7-9s and 7-10s on the same night, either the rack was bad, or the ball just isn't matching up with you. Both hard and light hits are giving you the ultimate penalty. Sure there
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Entry Angle by Dennis Michael @ 11/16/17 03:43 PM

My normal line is: Stand at 32, roll out to the 8 board at the breakpoint, and back. Can't tell you what arrow board, as I never watch it. Probably 12 or 13. Djp, moving the index finger is something I never think of. I'll do it tonight. Thx. I
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts My low track by Jason_C @ 11/16/17 01:56 PM

When I throw the ball it does not spin like a top or anything. It rolls off of my hand I just have a low track with a PAP about 3 1/8 over and 1/4 I have only been back bowling for about 2 months after not bowling for 28 years. It was recommended t
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Entry Angle by IronMike @ 11/16/17 12:56 PM

That's another potential fix, sparked by DJP's index finger move comment. You could try curling your pinky in rather than having it lie flat on the ball. That tends to dampen the back end and might give you more room to work a better angle.
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Back-up Bowling by Lynn @ 11/16/17 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: mmalsed What I have REALLY noticed is that backups tend to be VERY good spare shooters, and honestly, I would FAR rather have a great spare shooter than one who throws 5 strikes a game but hits only 1 spare, and leaves 4 opens.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Entry Angle by djp1080 @ 11/16/17 11:15 AM

Dennis, I know you understand bowling pretty darn well and you know your brand of equipment, too. I recently picked up a Storm Marvel Pearl and I'm in the pocket most of the time, but my strike percentage isn't as high as I'd hoped for. Yesterday I l
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread by IronMike @ 11/16/17 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Richie V.I've now made 33 consecutive single pins between my two leagues. That's impressive.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Entry Angle by IronMike @ 11/16/17 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Dennis Michaelhmm, the ball in question is my Terminator. Just a reactive resin ball. Not a pearl and not a solid, and no polish. It just has a forward roll, big turn. No side rotation at all. Hmm I was imagining a skid/f
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Entry Angle by Dennis Michael @ 11/16/17 12:43 AM

hmm, the ball in question is my Terminator. Just a reactive resin ball. Not a pearl and not a solid, and no polish. It just has a forward roll, big turn. No side rotation at all.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread by Richie V. @ 11/15/17 11:13 PM

Tonight's bowling, frame-by-frame I was probably due to come back down after consecutive 600s in this league, but, if coming back down still meant I hit my +1 score, as it did tonight, I'd take it. Splits were mostly my undoing tonight, but I did co
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Entry Angle by Dylan585 @ 11/15/17 07:45 PM

Are the covers shiny or dull?
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Entry Angle by Dennis Michael @ 11/15/17 03:38 PM

So, in the past 2 league nights on thursday, I have used my most aggressive ball due to the fresh, heavier oil. But, the stripped back end, allows my ball to make a radical turn to the pocket. I am leaving more back row pins as a result, on balls t
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Back-up Bowling by djp1080 @ 11/15/17 02:42 PM

I, too, attempted to switch from full roller to semi-roller when I came back to this game. It's a long, long road and I fight with myself to keep from turning my hand CCW at the beginning of my swing each and every swing I make. I find it really feel
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Back-up Bowling by mmalsed @ 11/15/17 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: 82Boat69Can a person really roll their hand in the opposite direction that nature intended consistently? And holding a 14-16# ball and cupping/rolling it like we do is what nature intended? LOL Much of sports is doing thing
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread by IronMike @ 11/15/17 11:11 AM

I guess there is a limit to how long after a post you can edit it so I'll just make another one! League went much better last night. I was plagued by some nasty leaves but we were basically dominating in position round so nothing to get hot and bot
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Honor scores 2017-18 by champ @ 11/14/17 10:26 PM

Good shootin Bird! Good to see you back here. Check in more often, would ya? I learned a lot from you an Joe Bowler's conversations.
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Any interest in a winter virtual league? by champ @ 11/14/17 09:55 PM

Count me in Richie. In August it didn't look like I'd be bowling this year, but they can't keep me away. I'm rusty, but I'll be back at it soon.
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Back-up Bowling by 82Boat69 @ 11/14/17 09:26 PM

There's a youtube of Belmo throwing a backup. His backup is almost as good as his normal delivery. For anyone trying to change muscle memory, it's going to be a haul trying to learn to do it different. They'll need to put in the time and guard a
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Back-up Bowling by djp1080 @ 11/14/17 08:33 PM

Well Boat, Your recommendation about lining up on the right side of the lane, etc., is an excellent start in my opinion. Who's recommending that she continue backing up the ball? I do recall seeing a video of a PBA tournament where Bob Learn left the
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Back-up Bowling by 82Boat69 @ 11/14/17 06:49 PM

You won't spoil my day, because I don't need your help. Lynn on the other hand is trying to break a bad habit, and recommending she continue backing the ball up isn't helpful and might even be harmful. As for your story; an·ec·do·tal ˌa
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Any interest in a winter virtual league? by BOSStull @ 11/14/17 05:37 PM

Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Back-up Bowling by djp1080 @ 11/14/17 03:16 PM

I'm not here to spoil your day, but I've watched twin high school girls in practice for a little bit with their team. The coach is a fellow who has coached them for quite some time and he's a darn good bowler himself. The father of the girls used to
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - 11/19/17 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - 11/19/17 10:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - 11/19/17 09:15 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 12:09 PM
Honor scores 2017-18
by Fin09 - 11/17/17 07:27 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by SteveH - 11/05/17 09:51 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.