BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread by Richie V. @ 11/22/17 10:58 PM

Tonight's bowling, frame-by-frame I've been fortunate in this recent Wednesday night run to have a great game cover my bad ones, but tonight could have been better, as well, as missing 10 pins, including three in a row to end the first game, probabl
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread by IronMike @ 11/22/17 07:28 PM

Alright I finally posted another big score on Tuesday night. I was extremely worried from the get go, we bowled on pair 1&2 and the wall of the alley is literally less than a foot from the left gutter on 1. In warmups I COULD NOT shoot at the 6
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer "Black Widow Urethane" by nord @ 11/22/17 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: champI thought of you first Nord when they announced this one. This ball, along with the Roto Grip Hot Cell, is proof to me that the major manufacturers are starting to get it. For years they've been producing urethane only as
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Honor scores 2017-18 by wronghander @ 11/21/17 11:58 PM

Congrats Bird and Fin. I've been waiting to post one of my own in this thread, having the front 9 three times this season but not being able to finish it off (although technically I could have posted my 299 here but I was too ashamed of it, lol). An
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Honor scores 2017-18 by champ @ 11/21/17 05:19 PM

Great bowling Fin (as usual.) Good to see you around here as well!
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer "Black Widow Urethane" by champ @ 11/21/17 05:16 PM

I thought of you first Nord when they announced this one. This ball, along with the Roto Grip Hot Cell, is proof to me that the major manufacturers are starting to get it. For years they've been producing urethane only as their light oil ball. That
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Hammer "Black Widow Urethane" by nord @ 11/21/17 04:30 PM

Well it looks like Hammer answered my wish, to put the Gasmask core in a strong surface urethane ball. I am excited about this release. Now we will have a urethane hook monster! Ultra low RG (2.50), Ultra high diff (.058) and a strong cover. Early
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread by mmalsed @ 11/21/17 01:16 PM

Interesting night last night. I left work about a half hour early to run to the dentist to get started on a crown for a broken molar and to get a temporary crown. THEN race to get to the lanes before the third frame . . . which I did. Very gracious
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Any interest in a winter virtual league? by SteveH @ 11/19/17 10:22 PM

Very bad month, sorry to interject my negativity. Wish I could Ritchie, it was fun.
The Bowler's Lounge
Part of it was lane conditions changing and not having the equipment to combat it. I just got a ball that will hopefully be that second ball out of the bag. The other issue was the pain in my leg changing my delivery. I have pretty bad rheumatoid ar
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread by Richie V. @ 11/19/17 09:15 PM

Tonight's bowling, frame-by-frame It was a struggle to put anything together tonight, as the only time I had consecutive strikes was in the 10th frame of the second game (and a situation where they came on the same lane). My run of single-pin spares
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Which ball by djp1080 @ 11/19/17 06:18 PM

Taking a look at your three balls each of them are practically identical in the coverstock surface of 2000 grit, two of them are sold coverstocks and one hybrid, their RG's are right at 2.50 and the differentials are from 0.043 to 0.056. The Haywire
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Which ball by djp1080 @ 11/19/17 06:06 PM

I was on a 30 year layoff, if you recall. My average has been higher as well. Started out finding that the outside worked best but as things progressed I've increased my rev rate and decreased my speed, both on purpose. At the start I, too, was targe
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Which ball by RGR @ 11/19/17 04:33 PM

Here it is, I'm not much with bowling tech talk, I have worked on my bowling a lot lately from around a 20 year layoff, my average now is higher than it was 20 or so years ago. I like to throw from the outside, it seems to work better for me, from t
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Which ball by djp1080 @ 11/19/17 02:12 PM

A follow up... What ball do you usually use now? What is your back up less aggressive ball? How do they compare on their reaction for you?
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Entry Angle by djp1080 @ 11/19/17 12:09 PM

Ok Dennis, By golly I think you've got it. I've changed a number of things: hand position, swing and more leverage. All were suggested by a coach. I'm doing pretty well at keeping my hand behind the ball by starting with my index finger pointed at th
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Entry Angle by Dennis Michael @ 11/19/17 08:47 AM

DJP, I have to lessen my hand at release. When I had Knee operations, I rolled for couple leagues, only taking one step. Developed a strong hand and release. Now, I don't control it well. And, this is my first year back without knee pain. So, I'
The Bowler's Lounge
At least you started with the front 6. Good job. Focus on that and learn from the mental breakdown. Did the lanes change, and you missed it? Were you no longer focused on execution, instead thinking about the possible score? Were you getting nervou
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Entry Angle by djp1080 @ 11/18/17 06:58 PM

I've paid attention to commentary about some pros like Walter Ray and Norm Duke usually making use of forward roll where they don't typically have to move all that much like Tommy Jones and others. Cutting down on your angle of entry into the pins se
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Any interest in a winter virtual league? by wronghander @ 11/18/17 06:49 PM

I'm interested also.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Entry Angle by Dennis Michael @ 11/18/17 06:39 PM

djp, I stuck with that other ball as i am very comfortable with it. And, yes I moved many times. I swear, its the back end that my balls react to more then others. I watch others, and they don't have the severe back end I do. Most also are releas
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Entry Angle by djp1080 @ 11/18/17 05:53 PM

Hoped you'd get better results than that. At our house they've changed from Kegel Ice to Kegel Fire lane conditioner. The result is less carry down type conditions and balls tend to grab the lanes a bit more. I'm able to see transition better and ear
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Which ball by djp1080 @ 11/18/17 05:42 PM

I'm sure it's been on here many, many times; however, I suppose there are many questions to ask to determine how you came to know that the lanes are dry or drier. Also, under what conditions were the lanes when you began bowling that day. Did you ask
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Which ball by RGR @ 11/18/17 05:04 PM

This topic has probably been on here before but here we go again, I want to get a ball for drier lanes, should I go with a weaker resin ball or urethane?
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Entry Angle by Dennis Michael @ 11/18/17 03:19 PM

Used a ball, 1 step down. And, changed my finger positions. Mixed results. No pocket 7-10's. However, had 4, 3-9-10's and a couple 3-7's. So the ball definitely turned earlier, hitting the head to hard. Even switched to a pearl in game 3. But d
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - 11/22/17 10:58 PM
Hammer "Black Widow Urethane"
by nord - 11/22/17 12:35 AM
Honor scores 2017-18
by wronghander - 11/21/17 11:58 PM
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - 11/19/17 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - 11/19/17 10:04 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 12:09 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.