BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by dalion @ Today at 04:57 AM

Just finished up my Team event. Wasn't pretty. But at least I can say I shot 500. Heard from a pro u need to burn a line around the ten board or else you wont have any shot at all. Even if the 1st game is bad, this is the strategy I was told to u
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by wronghander @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: General PounderOriginally Posted By: wronghanderWe'll see how singles and doubles go tomorrow but my plan is to not give the pocket away and grind it out like I did tonight. Prepared for the shot being tougher than the team shot
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: Down And In by 82Boat69 @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

When I weighed 155 it was 10 boards. Now that I weigh 255 it's 11 :-)
Jump to new posts Re: Down And In by 82Boat69 @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

No kidding! We get 10 minutes.
Jump to new posts Re: Down And In by goobee @ Yesterday at 06:17 PM

No shadow practice allowed? WTF??!!
Jump to new posts Re: Down And In by Mkirchie @ Yesterday at 06:12 PM

I use 10 from the middle to my shoulder, from experience it seems to be what is right for me. Since I've finally worked out my timing and increased my ball speed, I can stand at 16 targeting at 6 with my Critical Mass. I'm having fun playing that l
Jump to new posts Re: Down And In by W9JAB @ Yesterday at 06:09 PM

Quote:He said 5th arrow but I'm sure he meant 5th board. yes 5th board or 1st arrow, sorry. (see what happens when ya get old) But as I was saying if I keep it somewhat straight and not too fast it will go down to the dry and walk nicely into the poc
Jump to new posts Re: Down And In by 82Boat69 @ Yesterday at 05:32 PM

Actually, I use 11 boards from the middle of my stance to my right shoulder. If he was standing 7 with is left foot, his right shoulder would be 4 boards right of 1. That's why I mentioned lofting the gutter as a kid. This person is probably doing
Jump to new posts Re: Down And In by djp1080 @ Yesterday at 05:07 PM

Boat, If Joe had been more consistent, I might have gathered what you got out of what he said as he used the 7th board and 5th arrow in the same sentence. I'm sorry that I'm a stickler. So he stood on board 7 which places his ball right on board 1. W
Jump to new posts Re: Down And In by 82Boat69 @ Yesterday at 04:55 PM

He said 5th arrow but I'm sure he meant 5th board. As a kid I got a job at a bowling alley. After using a bug sprayer to lay the oil down and spreading it out with a drag mop, the oil was like STP from the foul line to the pin deck :-) My friends
Jump to new posts Re: Down And In by W9JAB @ Yesterday at 02:41 PM

Quote:He claims he tossed his LT48 from board 7 (that's seven boards from the right gutter I guess). Not sure where he was standing, but my guess is that his left foot was on about board 14 or 15. No inside of left foot on 7 board,rolling ball over 5
Jump to new posts Re: Down And In by djp1080 @ Yesterday at 01:09 PM

Good morning Boat, Splain something to me please! Apparently you understood what Joe wrote earlier today. Perhaps you can explain it to me. He claims he tossed his LT48 from board 7 (that's seven boards from the right gutter I guess). Not sure where
Jump to new posts Re: Down And In by 82Boat69 @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

Playing close to the channel is the same as hitting a golf ball over water. The fear is psychosomatic. Shooting 10 pins for right handers and vice versus for lefties probably falls into the same category. What a bowler can and can't do is mostly i
Jump to new posts Down And In by W9JAB @ Yesterday at 10:40 AM

I bowl twice a week, and due to the fact that I'm three days older that dirt, some days I'm just sore all over, the weather or whatever. Were I bowl the house dose not give us any warm-up frames. Any way last time out, I just was not up t
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by General Pounder @ Yesterday at 09:01 AM

Originally Posted By: wronghanderWe'll see how singles and doubles go tomorrow but my plan is to not give the pocket away and grind it out like I did tonight. Prepared for the shot being tougher than the team shot. This is what I have heard from the
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by wronghander @ Yesterday at 03:17 AM

Didn't see that but I've eaten enough junk food on this trip, LOL. Coronado Cafe at South Point is pretty good though FWIW. If you're bowling a late squad especially they have some good after midnight specials. Had a late practice on Tuesday and got
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by goobee @ 05/24/17 10:07 PM

Outside the squad room, there's a vendor selling "beer" dogs. Supposedly they are cooked in beer or something. I had one, wasn't bad.
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by mmalsed @ 05/24/17 11:48 AM

LOL
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by General Pounder @ 05/24/17 10:29 AM

I leave on Friday and bowl Sat at 5:30 and Sunday at 1. I'm looking forward to it. Been a long time since I have hung out with this group of friends. I'm going to need to go into detox for a while afterward though
The Pro Shop
At Parkway this Monday I was using the Dark Legend at the same 1000 grit. I was playing up second arrow. The ball would not strike. Kept leaving flat 10, or 7, or other single pins. I struggled with this for a full game and barely got a 160. In the
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Loving the sport patterns by champ @ 05/23/17 01:32 PM

People tend to think opposite of what they need on sport patterns. Short patterns tend to have more oil up front, and (obviously) a lot of backend. Your earliest/smoothest ball is usually best on short, usually playing straight and outside. You want
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Loving the sport patterns by 82Boat69 @ 05/23/17 03:28 AM

Don't drink too heavily or stay up too late. If you've gone there to bowl, leave the entertainment for another time. It helps to get your mind right before you bowl, that you may have to grind-out every game. This will help you from being taken ou
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Loving the sport patterns by goobee @ 05/22/17 09:33 PM

Not counting Nationals, I've bowled a number of sport shot tourneys. The first few were real dogs, I could not get anything going. It wasn't until I stopped fighting the lanes and straightened my line that I started making some headway. Shallow in
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Loving the sport patterns by rrb6699 (RayRay) @ 05/22/17 06:31 PM

bowled in a sport shot sweeper last Friday. got my a#$ handed to me. only took 519 to make the cut and 623 top qualifier. I was glad I didn't make it in a way. I looked at the pattern before I decided on equipment and laneplay. left lane 47' an
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by wronghander @ 05/22/17 02:44 PM

I am here in Vegas. Had a chance to go down and watch the late team squad last night. Amazing place. Saw a few lefties throwing it out to around 8 at the down lane markers and getting strikes. One of them was pretty rev impaired too. Got a practice s
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2017 USBC Open Championships
by dalion - 04:57 AM
Down And In
by 82Boat69 - 07:14 PM
Reactive Balls are designed to be throw hard!
by nord - 05/24/17 05:19 AM
Loving the sport patterns
by champ - 05/23/17 01:32 PM
Motiv Tank Rampage Urethane
by nord - 05/15/17 04:13 PM
Summer Leagues 2017 thread
by wronghander - 05/15/17 12:12 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2016-17 thread
by wronghander - 05/14/17 11:58 PM
Bowling Left Handed. First 39 games.
by Dennis Michael - 05/12/17 05:36 AM
In need of a bowler @2017 Open Champ. Vegas
by goobee - 05/10/17 05:52 PM
Sign-up open for fall V-league (closes 8/20)
by Richie V. - 05/09/17 03:12 PM
This is worth 1:13 of your time
by 82Boat69 - 05/07/17 04:37 AM
PWBA Storm Sacramento Open
by 82Boat69 - 05/04/17 01:16 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.