BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by 6_ball_man @ 1 minute 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: champ Who is going and when? I'll be bowling April 13 and 14. I am in town from the 4th to the 12th and am bowling the 11th and 12th. Perhaps we can throw together a get together? PS I agree with you and Riggs...no matter h
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Splits & Washouts by steveA @ 4 minutes 10 seconds ago

Don't have the USBC over here , Alley doesn't say what the pattern is , just it's been freshly oiled for the league, Thursday night I was 12 boards difference on the pair Scores from tonight 195-217-210 for 622. Still not decided the best way to pl
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by SteveH @ Today at 01:40 PM

I hear ya. But in comparison to the US Open Golf tournament, it's a joke as far as that goes. But those in charge are Picnic and tailgater types. Perhaps they could just call it the USBC Open, and leave it at that. But either way, the pattern no
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by champ @ Today at 11:35 AM

Aside from Jeff Richgels I may have been the most vocal opponent of hiding the pattern. I've done my best to be a thorn in their side, annoying them at whatever chance I could get. Its a stupid rule, does nothing to benefit the tournament, and does i
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Splits & Washouts by SteveH @ Today at 09:27 AM

Yup. For me to be standing anywhere outside of 20 and finding which of the unoiled 15 boards right gives me the best angle is just silly. For me, the most ludicrous part of the sport now is that the USBC will not even look at conditions, yet now g
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by SteveH @ Today at 09:24 AM

When success of a tournament is based on the number of entries, one has to wonder about A Future For The Sport. My own opinion is that the USBC has decided to take advantage of the overall climate of the nationals and turned it into a handicap tourn
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Splits & Washouts by steveA @ Today at 05:00 AM

SteveH sounds like the conditions are as bad as the place I play at on a tuesday, I use to take my VL scores from there but its now got to the stage were I take a spare ball just in case i can't find one of the 4 house balls i can get my thumb in, T
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by Richie V. @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Yeah, champ, in years past, I've started the nationals thread w/ the oil pattern(s) for the tournament, but, with the USBC not publishing them until after the tournament, I've had no reason to start the thread. I suspect some of the teams that have U
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by wronghander @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

I'll be making my Open debut this year. Really looking forward to it because it will also be my first time going to Las Vegas. We're bowling May 23rd and 24th. My doubles partner and team captain is a left-hander also who is a silver level coach so I
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by SteveH @ Yesterday at 09:44 PM

Don't tell or show anyone what you saw, it's a secret
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Delete thread by champ @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Accidentally made a double thread. Feel free to delete
Tournaments
Jump to new posts 2017 USBC Open Championships by champ @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

Well, I haven't seen one of these started yet this year, but with today being the opening day, I suppose its time. Who is going and when? I'll be bowling April 13 and 14. I'm only about three hours away from Las Vegas so I'm hoping to make at least
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Splits & Washouts by SteveH @ Yesterday at 05:51 PM

This ball is coming out of storage. http://www.rotogrip.com/ancestry/crown-clear-polyester A ball befitting of the lame, I mean lane conditions we have on Fridays. Easy to clean, looks great, fantastically straight. Best part is, I can go to l
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Splits & Washouts by SteveH @ Yesterday at 05:32 PM

Embarrassed. 156 - 168 - 147. Had a great look in practice, started to use the Ride, then the Hy Road Pearl early on. I should have switched to a lane ball. The lanes were burnt, but I hit the pocket fairly solid, adjusted some to eliminate the 1
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 2: High Flush by beefers1 @ 02/17/17 05:50 PM

Not a good night at all. Stayed in the pocket most of the time, but can't remember the last time I left so many 7-9s, 7-10s and buckets. When I did miss the pocket, it was washout city. Missing a 10-pin (can't remember the last time I did that, eithe
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 3: The Unbowlieveables by trekguy @ 02/16/17 11:55 PM

221,208,187 = 616 Ran out of steam....
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Splits & Washouts by wklstoy @ 02/16/17 11:44 PM

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on that much. Work has been a killer lately. Finally realized that 2 years of not practicing and a year of slouching off at the gym is finally catching up to me. I'm just not consistent, and every 5 or 6 frames I th
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 5: Lane Rangers by kwik8 @ 02/16/17 07:39 PM

Any of you guys hitting nationals this year?
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 5: Lane Rangers by kwik8 @ 02/16/17 07:37 PM

Nice. We seem to be having a better week so far
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 7: 7 Baggers by Richie V. @ 02/16/17 02:42 PM

TheBigCat, you realize 30-clean gets noted on the standing sheet, right?
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 7: 7 Baggers by TheBigCat @ 02/16/17 12:27 AM

well...that was annoying. 30-clean, no opens, for 677. never missed the pocket. 215-258-204=677
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 5: Lane Rangers by Richie V. @ 02/15/17 10:45 PM

204-179-165=548 The frame-by-frame Helped in the first game, and my other two were at least reasonable this time.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2016-17 thread by Richie V. @ 02/15/17 10:41 PM

Tonight's bowling, frame-by-frame Tonight may have been one of those "turn the corner" nights because I was actually carrying most of the night, but multi-pin spares were my bane, because I didn't make many of them. The sweetest part of th
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Splits & Washouts by Smooth Stroker @ 02/15/17 10:00 PM

Sorry to hear about your snow issue. This week we bowled against a team that pre bowled. Ugh. I allowed it because apparently two of them had deaths in their family. Anyway 221- 243- 205 = 669 First game first frame split. Had to adjust from practi
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 2: High Flush by Chuck @ 02/15/17 09:35 AM

Hey Team sorry I had to eat a blind last week forgot to get a sub and was in Belize for the week. Last night I continued my 2 game chump routine 250, 269, 179
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2017 USBC Open Championships
by SteveH - Today at 01:40 PM
Delete thread
by champ - Yesterday at 07:52 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2016-17 thread
by Richie V. - 02/15/17 10:41 PM
INTERESTING
by Jazlar Von Steich - 02/14/17 11:50 AM
Winter '17 Week 5 VL results
by Richie V. - 02/14/17 12:04 AM
Do you or donít you
by djp1080 - 02/13/17 05:30 PM
900 #32
by General Pounder - 02/13/17 12:01 PM
Champlain International Tournament in Vermont
by SteveH - 02/12/17 11:18 PM
Basic cleaning and polishing
by SteveH - 02/12/17 11:16 PM
Winter '17 VL announcements & discussion
by Richie V. - 02/11/17 01:32 PM
Bowling Blog
by RGR - 02/08/17 03:12 PM
Winter '17 Week 4 VL results
by Richie V. - 02/06/17 05:19 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.