BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread by wronghander @ 01/14/18 11:28 PM

Going through a bit of a slump. I feel like I'm bowling well, just not carrying well or getting the breaks. Last week shot 611 on Friday and 596 on Sunday. Made it a point to practice this week and worked on a few things and was hoping to turn it aro
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread by Richie V. @ 01/14/18 09:57 PM

Tonight's bowling, frame-by-frame I almost recovered from my second game to save average, but I came up a couple of pins short. I'll use the rest of the space here to explain my usual problem with the 10 pin, as I missed a few more of them tonight:
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread by Mkirchie @ 01/14/18 08:08 AM

Our odd weather in the northeast made Friday night interesting. Low 60's, rain, humidity, and a completely packed 32 lane center with two leagues and a large group event were a bad combination. I can understand that they didn't want to turn on the
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread by mmalsed @ 01/12/18 01:09 PM

Bowled Monday night. First two games were pretty good and we won (even though we handed the other team 237 pins handicap. . . ) but the third game I felt my energy level drop through the floor. When I got home I felt like my lungs were filling up an
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread by Richie V. @ 01/10/18 10:52 PM

Tonight's bowling, frame-by-frame Tonight was my comeuppance, as I was largely a victim of bad pin carry, and compounded it by missing more single-pin spares than I made. The 166 first game had my only double of the night. Result: 166-139-140=445 A
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread by IronMike @ 01/10/18 03:32 PM

Another very rough night of bowling for me last night. I thought it was going to be a pretty good night starting off. I threw a beautiful strike to open things up. Proceeded to push one through the nose on my second frame and left the greek church
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Honor Scores Not Received By USBC by Mkirchie @ 01/10/18 02:34 PM

I would be extremely annoyed if it was my first one and I waited that long, asked for assistance, and didn't receive any. I'm likely going to e-mail my association manager later today and see if they can provide any updates (or tell me if they recei
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Honor Scores Not Received By USBC by champ @ 01/10/18 01:19 PM

My best bowling buddy shot his first 300 in February of 2016. Months went by and it was never posted. He asked everyone he could think of for help, but never got anywhere. He shot a second 300 ten months later, in December 2016, and BOTH 300s were
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Dual Angle Layouts by Dennis Michael @ 01/10/18 10:26 AM

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=AwrC5rLNLlZaxlgA_EM0nIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByZWc0dGJtBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMQ--?p=PSA+on+symmetrical+bowling+ball&vid=2c1c705e25790e2674997be0afd50754&turl=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Honor Scores Not Received By USBC by Dennis Michael @ 01/10/18 10:08 AM

Forget the friendship Crap. In most cases, the Secr and Treas are receiving compensation to perform a job. If it is not done properly, on time, or at all, they have to be replaced. I went directly at the Secretary and asked him, armed with ammo th
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Honor Scores Not Received By USBC by Mkirchie @ 01/10/18 08:04 AM

Dennis, that's exactly the type of situation that concerns me. When I look up my member history on Bowl.com, it says that the application and money for my membership card was submitted to the USBC on December 1st of 2017. I just got my permanent ca
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Dual Angle Layouts by 82Boat69 @ 01/10/18 06:44 AM

If the core is symmetric, the MB is supposed to be 6-3/4 inches beyond the CG in a straight line from the pin. The only accurate way to know for sure is to put the ball on a 'determinator' before you drill any holes. Mark that spot. Allegedly, i
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Dual Angle Layouts by Dennis Michael @ 01/10/18 05:11 AM

Was always under the assumption that once the thumb was drilled, the PSA was in the thumb hole.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Honor Scores Not Received By USBC by Dennis Michael @ 01/10/18 05:03 AM

It happened to me about 5-6 years ago. Turned out, the league secretary didn't mail any achievements in to the association. Course, he blamed the house. Said he gave the forms to them. And they lost them. Well, he didn't. Finally, after other p
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Honor Scores Not Received By USBC by Mkirchie @ 01/09/18 08:14 PM

Earlier this season I shot 300 games in October and November. I had been checking my records on bowl.com and they were not posted yet. I decided to e-mail bowl.com today and they responded that they had no record of them and that I should talk to t
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Dual Angle Layouts by 82Boat69 @ 01/09/18 01:54 PM

Technically speaking, if you draw a line from the pin to the CG on a symmetrical core ball and continue that line for 6-3/4 more inches, that's the MB. Since the MB is always in the same location for all symmetrical core balls, it doesn't need to be
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Dual Angle Layouts by Dennis Michael @ 01/09/18 10:49 AM

Question: Does a Dual Angle Drill work on a Symmetrical Core ball where the PSA is not marked?
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by wronghander - 01/14/18 11:28 PM
Honor Scores Not Received By USBC
by Mkirchie - 01/10/18 02:34 PM
Dual Angle Layouts
by Dennis Michael - 01/10/18 10:26 AM
Roto-Grip Hyper Cell Fused Video Ball Review
by mmalsed - 01/08/18 11:41 AM
Dare Devil Danger Video Ball Review
by sk8shorty01 - 01/07/18 08:56 PM
Good advice from my brother!
by Dylan585 - 01/05/18 04:13 PM
Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane
by nord - 01/01/18 09:58 PM
"Knocking the Shine" off of my Pearl Ball
by 6_ball_man - 01/01/18 09:11 AM
Have a happy and safe Holiday
by goobee - 01/01/18 02:34 AM
Sick Unethetical Advertising
by goobee - 01/01/18 02:26 AM
by BOSStull - 12/30/17 09:08 AM
Hammer "Black Widow Urethane"
by nord - 12/30/17 12:21 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.