BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: Tips to get back to a semi-roller release? by djp1080 @ 07/19/19 10:50 AM

In the midst of things I came across this article: https://www.billspigner.com/pdf/0319_Bill_BJI.pdf So I used this drill successfully for a number of shots, then I moved to the one step drill for more shots again successfully. Didn't take any video
Pro Bowling Tours
Jump to new posts PBA 2 Game Formats and Roll-Offs (No Spoilers) by Mkirchie @ 07/17/19 06:55 AM

For quite a while, I have felt that the two game format that the PBA uses for the League and used in the PBA Playoffs is to intentionally create more drama. Ties are too common when you award a point for winning a game and then it has to be decided
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: 2019 Summer Leagues by wronghander @ 07/15/19 11:07 PM

Good stuff Champ. As much as I was frustrated about my lefty partner for using urethane at Nationals I'm considering pulling the trigger and getting one myself (although I am the only lefty on my team FWIW). Just frustrated with the shot on this Mond
Jump to new posts Re: Tips to get back to a semi-roller release? by djp1080 @ 07/15/19 12:48 AM

Boat, For me it's not a tendency of pulling the ball down from the top to get more speed it the bad habit of pulling the ball up higher into the back swing. As for weight I have several balls at 15 lbs and the newest ball I have is 14 lbs. When I fi
Jump to new posts Re: Tips to get back to a semi-roller release? by djp1080 @ 07/15/19 12:37 AM

Thanks Dennis, As I look at my fingers it looks as though I have a short dark line at the end of my middle finger and maybe a tinge on my ring finger. If I have my hand in the right position, I can tell I released it well. I don't want to try your ex
Jump to new posts Re: Tips to get back to a semi-roller release? by Dennis Michael @ 07/14/19 10:35 PM

let me add something. I find, with a lot of seniors I work with, as soon as they push off, their fingers point straight to the floor, and they stay that way til the release. This puts the hand on top of the ball with very little ball rotation at re
Jump to new posts Re: Tips to get back to a semi-roller release? by 82Boat69 @ 07/14/19 09:39 PM

I learned when I was young to have a number of checkpoints in my backswing that kept me in the right position on the way back and on the way forward. Here's another; As we age our muscles in our arms atrophy. One of the easiest ways to see this ef
Jump to new posts Re: Tips to get back to a semi-roller release? by djp1080 @ 07/14/19 07:14 PM

I guess I'm trying to keep my fingers on the inside. I, too, am a converted full-roller guy and my PSO had my PAP at 5.5" over and nearly 1" up. The tip of my index finger is spread about 1.5" away from the middle one. If I do things (
Jump to new posts Re: Tips to get back to a semi-roller release? by 82Boat69 @ 07/14/19 02:30 PM

Learning to work a ball inside out without going around the ball is difficult. My problem is just the opposite of most. I get too much up the back. I'm an old full-roller who converted. My PAP is over 6-3/16 and down 3/8. To get out of the bal
Jump to new posts Re: Tips to get back to a semi-roller release? by djp1080 @ 07/14/19 11:29 AM

Boat, I have questionable bowling habits. They came back when I returned to bowl fairly regularly after having not rolled a ball for nearly 30 years. I just recalled that when I marked my PAP with a small piece of white tape that the PAP is just righ
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Tips to get back to a semi-roller release?
by djp1080 - 07/19/19 10:50 AM
PBA 2 Game Formats and Roll-Offs (No Spoilers)
by Mkirchie - 07/17/19 06:55 AM
2019 Summer Leagues
by wronghander - 07/15/19 11:07 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 07/13/19 10:08 AM
Bowling Ball Hall of Fame
by BOSStull - 07/13/19 10:03 AM
2019 USBC Open Championship's Las Vegas
by champ - 07/09/19 12:12 AM
So the 3-unit oil rule is dead.
by wronghander - 06/24/19 11:47 PM
tennis elbow
by TheDemolitionMan - 06/24/19 10:34 AM
Creative Bowling Solutions Power Finger Grips
by MNsportsfan - 06/24/19 09:20 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.