BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: Summer House Tourney by Dennis Michael @ Yesterday at 04:35 PM

Hi Arlington bowl. This house caters to bowlers. 2 big Men's Leagues on Mon and thurs. Good payouts too. And, the food is good and bar cheap.
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: Summer House Tourney by explorer05 @ Yesterday at 12:27 PM

That sounds like fun. What house is it?
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: End of Days by explorer05 @ Yesterday at 12:19 PM

Unfortunately that is happening in a lot of areas. I am fortunate to live where I have up to 3 bowling alleys within 6 minutes of my house and 5 with in 25 - 30 minutes of my house.
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Summer House Tourney by Dennis Michael @ 07/16/18 09:27 PM

My new house has a Bowler appreciation House tourney running ev Sunday thru July. You get one free entry for each league bowled in. I got 2 for Mon and thurs nites, and a possible 3rd for last Summer. It's a handicap tourney with your highest leag
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Help with grip/ Thumb Position by 82Boat69 @ 07/15/18 08:11 PM

I'm similar. I flex my wrist back and forth and settle with it slightly broken to keep it relaxed. The 2 o'clock thumb puts my fingers at 6 o'clock on the way back and the way forward. If I just keep my elbow tucked in, I have a nice solid release
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Help with grip/ Thumb Position by Dennis Michael @ 07/15/18 07:43 PM

I always bounce the ball in my hand to seat my thumb. While holding the ball in presentation, the thumb points at 2 o'clock and the ball rests on the hand knuckle of my index finger. The back of my hand and forearm are straight, and kept that way t
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: End of Days by Dennis Michael @ 07/15/18 07:34 PM

The same saga all around. I said it before. I read where there were 265 bowling alleys in the Chicago Phone book in 1965. Today, there are 15. Here, the big chains are hurting while the privately owned houses thrive.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: End of Days by steveA @ 07/15/18 05:39 PM

Latest news it will close end of August. Not sure as yet on what will happen to it , current operator rents the building as a bowling centre so will have to leave everything in place. Leaving the landlord the owner of a non operating centre, Its not
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Help with grip/ Thumb Position by 82Boat69 @ 07/15/18 05:25 PM

Here's a website that shows how a ball should fit. It comes from a book by Bill Taylor whom many consider a guru of ball fitting and drilling. https://issuu.com/franknz/docs/bill_taylor_fitting_drilling_a_bowl As for whether your palm should touch
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Help with grip/ Thumb Position by Jason_C @ 07/15/18 04:46 PM

By the way, yes my hands are small
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Help with grip/ Thumb Position by Jason_C @ 07/15/18 04:44 PM

I know even with the pics below you can't get specific with answers online. I am going to be talking to my Pro Shop guy this week. But I am wondering this. When I grip my ball before starting approach Should the ball be making contact with my full p
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: End of Days by BOSStull @ 07/15/18 04:38 PM

Hate to hear your loosing your center. Your mot alone. If you have facebook good group keeping tabs on closings. https://www.facebook.com/groups/148480165318101/
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 04:35 PM
End of Days
by explorer05 - 12:19 PM
Help with grip/ Thumb Position
by 82Boat69 - 07/15/18 08:11 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by Richie V. - 07/10/18 12:19 PM
what will become of AMF
by Dennis Michael - 07/09/18 07:13 AM
I'll try again
by Dennis Michael - 07/06/18 12:32 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - 07/06/18 08:44 AM
Bowling ball colors
by BOSStull - 07/04/18 10:28 AM
Tiered Tape...
by BOSStull - 06/30/18 11:33 AM
no one on for 5 days
by steveA - 06/22/18 04:31 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.