BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY by wronghander @ Today at 03:29 PM

Appreciate that 6-ball. Finished up on Thursday went 217, 178, and 204 for 599 in doubles and 202, 175, 174 for 551 in singles. Threw my Radical Cash drilled double thumb with 500 surface and it worked well. Almost had a six-pack in game 1 with a sto
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread by 6_ball_man @ Yesterday at 10:22 AM

This week we changed to Slowinski's "I Want My Momma" pattern and numbers were up throughout the league, but I was the 2nd best out of 30 with 204-176-181=561. Not a whole barrel full of strikes, but I was MUCH better on spares...even picke
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY by 6_ball_man @ Yesterday at 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: wronghanderBowled team today, shot 192, 192, 212 for 596. Had a good look up 8 and got great reaction with my Pyramid Antidote. When it started to read too early in game 2 I switched to my Ridiculous Asym to get it a little fur
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY by wronghander @ 05/23/18 08:42 PM

Bowled team today, shot 192, 192, 212 for 596. Had a good look up 8 and got great reaction with my Pyramid Antidote. When it started to read too early in game 2 I switched to my Ridiculous Asym to get it a little further down the lane so I could sta
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by 82Boat69 @ 05/23/18 04:38 PM

About 18 months ago I began working on ways to increase my speed. I also discontinued pushing the ball away. I did miss starting the ball toward my target, but I began doing something else much better. I started pointing at my target with my 'le
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by djp1080 @ 05/23/18 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Dennis MichaelI eliminated the un-hinge few years back. I found myself pulling the ball up in the backswing. Even with a waist bend. Went back to push off and now have timing trouble. 6 of one, half dozen of the other. But,
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread by Dennis Michael @ 05/23/18 11:12 AM

Tuesday scores: 232, 218, 252 This real easy shot is good for practice. Wouldn't like it for competitive league. My practice to get the ball out and into a roll is doing better. Getting much better carry and hitting the pocket with regularity.
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by Dennis Michael @ 05/23/18 11:06 AM

I eliminated the un-hinge few years back. I found myself pulling the ball up in the backswing. Even with a waist bend. Went back to push off and now have timing trouble. 6 of one, half dozen of the other. But, I find myself targeting better with
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by Mkirchie @ 05/23/18 07:26 AM

Unfortunately I end up deleting them after I've watched them, so I don't have any saved. I'm thinking the next time I'll bowl is Sunday morning, I'll see what I can do then about getting a video. I intend on working on hinging instead of pushing aw
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by 82Boat69 @ 05/22/18 03:00 PM

Any chance you could post your video?
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by Mkirchie @ 05/22/18 02:01 PM

Without holding a ball itself at the moment, I can't really describe right now. I do know that I would have my wrist straight with my left hand under my right hand for support. I would imagine that having my elbow bent at almost 90 degrees before I
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by 82Boat69 @ 05/22/18 11:56 AM

I pushed-away for over 50 years :-) Now I un-hinge. It allows me to hold the ball at any height to control speed, but to get it 'started' quickly. No delays un-hinging. During my pre-shot, I intentionally break my wrist slightly and flex it back
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by Mkirchie @ 05/22/18 11:39 AM

I know I'm delayed really badly in starting the ball and every time I try to fix it, I think I'm not delayed but I still am. My ball is not dropping until the beginning of my third step with my right foot even when I'm trying not to do that or think
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by 82Boat69 @ 05/22/18 11:20 AM

Are you aware of any delay in starting your ball? I use a 5 step approach and use my second step as the key to my timing. At the very moment my right leg goes in front of my left, I want my ball dropping back into the empty space created. The al
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by Mkirchie @ 05/22/18 11:02 AM

Push-away as of right now, I want to adjust to a hinge and I think that changing my initial starting point of my arm should help me accomplish that. Backswing height is high, a bit above my head (I know it's a bit on the high side). Another piece o
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by 82Boat69 @ 05/22/18 10:38 AM

Do you push-away or un-hinge? How high does your backswing go?
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by Mkirchie @ 05/22/18 10:27 AM

I am pretty close to having my ball at waist height when my slide foot is just about stopped, if the end of the slide is what you mean by the end of the foot work. My problems are all before that point, when my 4th step hits flat on the approach, my
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by 82Boat69 @ 05/22/18 09:47 AM

Years ago, The footwork that promoted timing was smooth with each step a little longer than the last with a long smooth slide at the end. An old video of Marshal Holman will show you what it looked like. Today, your footwork needs to have a 'gath
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by Mkirchie @ 05/22/18 08:56 AM

I'll keep this thread going too. My attempt to fix my timing on Sunday was not really successful. I bowled well and much straighter with resin along with a mild 1-1.5 mph bump in ball speed. However, my timing wasn't much different and I still fig
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY by 6_ball_man @ 05/22/18 08:42 AM

I went and watched last year's champs the NABR team last Friday. One of their bowlers I know personally and have bowled with locally (Mike Rose). Their companion team is completely composed of guys I have bowled with here. They all started with dull/
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Leagues 2018 thread by 6_ball_man @ 05/22/18 08:29 AM

The long/flat Slowinski pattern ate me up for 3 sessions, so this is a recounting of the last 60 and over tournament for this season. It was in my home house, but that didn't give me any advantage. I did have 16 strikes but the 10 nine counts hurt. A
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by 6_ball_man @ 05/22/18 08:00 AM

We are (thankfully) of the 45' flat. It completely ate me up. UNfortunately, the next pattern looks crazier...the Slowinski "I Want My Momma" pattern, which has about the same volume as the 45' pattern but is 41'. There is a trough across t
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by 6_ball_man @ 05/22/18 07:52 AM

Originally Posted By: djp1080Good morning folks! I found that the IQ Tour 30 would catch the friction just as well as the Code Black, but the Black would cut a little harder on the backend. Not much difference for me. I find the tour30 to be sever
The Bowler's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: no one on for 5 days by djp1080 @ 05/21/18 11:18 AM

Good morning folks! I got myself a Storm Code X. I had the Code Black before. It didn't work nearly as well as I'd hoped. I found that the IQ Tour 30 would catch the friction just as well as the Code Black, but the Black would cut a little harder on
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: True Motion vs. Black Widow Urethane by Mkirchie @ 05/20/18 07:28 AM

Thanks Dennis, I'll have to see what I choose to do. My last week of league was Friday and although I shot an OK series, I still don't feel comfortable with how I was bowling. I am thinking about a bit of an overhaul of my game over the summer whil
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - Today at 03:29 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - Yesterday at 10:22 AM
no one on for 5 days
by 82Boat69 - 05/23/18 04:38 PM
True Motion vs. Black Widow Urethane
by Mkirchie - 05/20/18 07:28 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/12/18 06:43 PM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 04/29/18 10:29 PM
Superstitions?
by Dennis Michael - 04/26/18 06:09 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.