BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Re: Winter '17 Week 11 VL results by Richie V. @ Today at 12:39 AM

Clean-up from the week: * After giving the list closer scrutiny, I found that Fin09 and trekguy both had 300s in Week 6 of the Winter '15 league, so Fin09 and BowlerBill last week was the second such instance. * goobee was the one who asked for a s
Virtual League Annoucements
Jump to new posts Winter '17 Week 11 VL results by Richie V. @ Yesterday at 05:20 PM

Recaps & standings: http://www.bowlingfans.com/league/2017/03/27/winter-2017-week-11-results-standings/ I didn't see that there was another, but the first is that we had two different bowlers, Fin09 and BowlerBill, submit 300 games in the same w
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Parallel Sparing by leodlion @ Yesterday at 11:55 AM

Many thanks djp. I read the first article before. It was very cursory description of the parallel system. The second article about the Shadow Pin system is more detailed. I will try it next time I bowl. I bowl straight anyway for sparing but now I kn
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by champ @ Yesterday at 10:16 AM

I'm not interested in politics. I'm interested in bowling. I don't care who the executive director is, what his policies are, yada, yada, yada. I care that this tournament is about the most prestigious thing you can win in bowling. As long as that's
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by SteveH @ Yesterday at 06:44 AM

Originally Posted By: champOriginally Posted By: SteveHOf course it helps when nobody cares how long you take, everyone's gone but your team. The favoritism at the Open will never change. And really, should they? This is a national championship. I
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by champ @ Yesterday at 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: SteveHOf course it helps when nobody cares how long you take, everyone's gone but your team. The favoritism at the Open will never change. And really, should they? This is a national championship. Its the biggest tournament i
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by wronghander @ 03/26/17 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: SteveHWell the big boys are coming in now, and they've all met with other teams, scouted out the lanes, formulated their plans. Of course it helps when nobody cares how long you take, everyone's gone but your team. The favor
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Splits & Washouts by wronghander @ 03/26/17 11:03 PM

Very nice bowling both of you. Unfortunately I struggled tonight. Started with 223 but downhill from there with 192 and 188, barely breaking 600. Had thumb issues from the end of game 1 through the rest of the night and just couldn't get the ball off
New Member Intros & Tech Help
Jump to new posts Re: Hello... and how to search by Richie V. @ 03/26/17 09:56 PM

I'm not sure, but you should be able to search on Google; use the term site:www.bowlingcommunity.com to narrow the search to just these forums.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2016-17 thread by Richie V. @ 03/26/17 09:51 PM

Tonight's bowling, frame-by-frame (Linked to BowlSK sheet) My match had to be moved to the end pair (61-62) because of a breakdown, and the lanes were playing very differently, as I was well left of where I've been playing the last couple of weeks.
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by General Pounder @ 03/26/17 05:56 PM

I'm bowling May 27th and 28th. Right now, I have available to take: Storm IQ Fusion Story Hy-Road Storm Phaze Storm Tropical Heat Hybrid Storm Tropical Heat Solid Storm Pitch Blue Radical Guru Fusion, Phaze, and Pitch Blue are the only locks to go
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by SteveH @ 03/26/17 05:35 PM

Did you see last night how the USBC video treated Jackie, Matt's girlfriend? The one that beat him in doubles? When she bowled, the video went up to the scores, not her bowling. How elitist of them
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by SteveH @ 03/26/17 05:30 PM

Well the big boys are coming in now, and they've all met with other teams, scouted out the lanes, formulated their plans. Of course it helps when nobody cares how long you take, everyone's gone but your team. The favoritism at the Open will never
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Splits & Washouts by SteveH @ 03/26/17 05:28 PM

Could definitely help us this week, nice bowling guys.
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 6: Splits & Washouts by steveA @ 03/26/17 05:14 PM

Felt I'd better carry in the pocket tonight for game one 230, then 3 nines to finish game two , they either rocked to angles where they should have fallen and stood back up or were tapped upright for a 190 game and I thought here I go again , One
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Parallel Sparing by djp1080 @ 03/26/17 03:26 PM

Here's another system that has merit: www.modern-bowling.com/Bowling-Tips-and-Lessons-Coaching-Las-Vegas-NV.html The article is called shadow pin spare shooting by Rob Mautner. Hope this helps...
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Parallel Sparing by djp1080 @ 03/26/17 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: leodlionAnybody can point me to an article or thread dealing on parallel sparing techniques? I can not search the forum yet I suppose I need a minimum number of posts to do that. Thanks. Here's a link for you: www.bowlingball.
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Parallel Sparing by leodlion @ 03/26/17 02:03 PM

Anybody can point me to an article or thread dealing on parallel sparing techniques? I can not search the forum yet I suppose I need a minimum number of posts to do that. Thanks.
New Member Intros & Tech Help
Jump to new posts Hello... and how to search by leodlion @ 03/26/17 01:52 PM

Been bowling with friends for 4 years now. All of us are senior citizens. Last time we had a senior tournament, I got a couple of medals. That is a good incentive to bowl more. One question: Is there a minimum number of posts before I can search a t
Tournaments
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 USBC Open Championships by champ @ 03/26/17 11:58 AM

Scores are going up in minor events. Earlier in the week there was a 299/827 and a 300 shot in the Bowlers Jounal on the D/S pattern. The gentleman who shot the 300 also went on to shoot a 298 in Doubles (with a pocket 7-10 on the last ball) in the t
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Winter '17 Week 11 VL results
by Richie V. - Today at 12:39 AM
Parallel Sparing
by leodlion - Yesterday at 11:55 AM
2017 USBC Open Championships
by champ - Yesterday at 10:16 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2016-17 thread
by Richie V. - 03/26/17 09:51 PM
Hurling the ball
by 82Boat69 - 03/24/17 11:30 AM
better release - drilling - drills
by spectral - 03/24/17 08:45 AM
2 handed bolwing
by W9JAB - 03/21/17 02:28 PM
Winter '17 Week 10 VL results
by Richie V. - 03/20/17 04:27 PM
Ex-Brunswick Zone XL
by Dennis Michael - 03/20/17 10:06 AM
Do you think the're done
by Fin09 - 03/18/17 02:02 PM
Was not a happy camper
by W9JAB - 03/15/17 09:24 PM
bowling glove plus
by mmalsed - 03/15/17 11:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.