BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Motiv Tank Rampage Urethane by nord @ Today at 03:30 AM

Ok, here is a quick urethane question: I notice at least two players on TV that when they are using urethane do not wipe it. They let the oil stay on the ball through their whole game. Jacob Butturff and Francois Lavoie. So why don't they wipe the
The Pro Shop
Jump to new posts Flat Pattern prep by SteveH @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

As I think ahead to next week's US Open pattern, 40 feet of 1:1 oil, I have but one ball. The Storm Crux. I was reading Mo's old ball surface article and trying to make sense of it. If I take mine down to 360 and do a 500/100 pad, will the 360 lay
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Loving the sport patterns by 82Boat69 @ Yesterday at 01:50 PM

Over the last 10-15 years, those who can really rev-up their balls have begun to dominate the sport. Worse yet, typical house shots play into that strength. Flat oil patterns bring spare shooting back into the scenario. Out of bounds inside and ou
Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions
Jump to new posts Re: Okay - have to figure out how to deal with by BOSStull @ Yesterday at 01:04 PM

82Boat69 you reversed my thinking about getting Urethane. It was just a thought. After that night I replaced a couple of balls in my bag with 2 reactive Pearls which plays into your suggestion to go with reactive with weaker surface.
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Loving the sport patterns by SteveH @ Yesterday at 11:47 AM

The real problem with today's Pattern fixation, is that the vast majority of amateurs can't read the pattern anyway. It sure helps out many with preparation, getting the right balls and surface. But beyond that, they all play different. On any giv
Jump to new posts Re: Okay - have to figure out how to deal with by 82Boat69 @ Yesterday at 10:33 AM

You might look at the symptoms you're experiencing a little different. wiping off 'any' surface after each delivery will contribute to oil dissipation during league. While urethane might push lane oil down lane, how many on that pair are throwing u
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Fall/Winter Leagues 2016-17 thread by SteveH @ Yesterday at 10:06 AM

Second to last night of Friday league, I decided that with the temps high, I should bring three balls just in case. First frame, 9-spare. 11 in a row for 290. 2nd game 243, third was 235 for a 768. My second 700 series, but first in league. Yeah,
Virtual League
Jump to new posts Re: Team 3: The Unbowlieveables by BOSStull @ Yesterday at 08:25 AM

Hey guys I know I have not posted much this season but still liked being on the virtual league. This has been a down season for me but having my equipment and health issues resolved I think I will see an improvement in the future. Good Luck to all.
Jump to new posts Re: Okay - have to figure out how to deal with by BOSStull @ Yesterday at 08:06 AM

RayRay< I experienced the same against our team whether intentional or not it had the effect you are describing. Usually someone bowling with Urethane doesn't bother me but a few weeks ago one person wrecked havoc on our pair. He used a dull Uret
Jump to new posts Re: Okay - have to figure out how to deal with by rrb6699 (RayRay) @ 04/28/17 09:04 PM

we bowled a team who seemed to steamroll every team that they played. 5man teams. 3 of us including myself decided to use urethane and make sure we threw in the other teams breakpoint area. as the night wore on we tightened up our shot. they st
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Knee Pain? by BowlerBill @ 04/28/17 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: W9JABQuote:I've started to experience some pain in both my knees after I bowl. I'm a right handed bowling. The right knee hurts more than the left. I have the same problem (also I'm three days older than dirt) even though I do n
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Knee Pain? by BowlerBill @ 04/28/17 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Dennis MichaelNice answer, 82. My Ortho Dr found Meniscus tears that have been there, probably since High School, I'm sure. I do remember pain in knees back then. But, Ignored it. It recently (last 5 years) has been noticed
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Knee Pain? by BowlerBill @ 04/28/17 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: 82Boat69Height? Weight? Current physical activities other than bowling? Ever run long distance? Run or walk now? Former sports? Former injuries? You're probably experiencing mild 'runner's knees'. You don't need to be a
Jump to new posts Re: Okay - have to figure out how to deal with by mmalsed @ 04/28/17 02:06 PM

wow - nice!
Jump to new posts Re: Okay - have to figure out how to deal with by djp1080 @ 04/28/17 01:30 PM

Where's your D-104?
Leagues & Sport Bowling
Jump to new posts Re: Loving the sport patterns by W9JAB @ 04/28/17 12:12 PM

I'm in a senior league, we don't get any warm/practice up balls.So that got me thinking. A mystery pattern, start cold and figure it out as you go could be interesting.
Jump to new posts Re: Okay - have to figure out how to deal with by W9JAB @ 04/28/17 10:59 AM

Quote:W9JAB (You're an amateur radio operator, right? Yes not so active anymore, this is my "shack"
Beginner Help
Jump to new posts Re: Knee Pain? by W9JAB @ 04/28/17 09:29 AM

Quote:I've started to experience some pain in both my knees after I bowl. I'm a right handed bowling. The right knee hurts more than the left. I have the same problem (also I'm three days older than dirt) even though I do not bend my knees when I bow
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Motiv Tank Rampage Urethane
by nord - Today at 03:30 AM
Flat Pattern prep
by SteveH - Yesterday at 08:57 PM
Loving the sport patterns
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 01:50 PM
Okay - have to figure out how to deal with
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 01:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2016-17 thread
by SteveH - Yesterday at 10:06 AM
Knee Pain?
by BowlerBill - 04/28/17 04:43 PM
300 in less than 90 seconds
by W9JAB - 04/27/17 11:12 AM
Sign-up open for fall V-league (closes 8/20)
by Richie V. - 04/26/17 02:26 PM
Winter '17 Week 15 VL results, final standings
by Richie V. - 04/24/17 11:48 PM
PRODIGY BOWLERS TOUR -- 04-22-2017 "Single Ball"
by Brownswick - 04/24/17 11:23 AM
This is worth 1:13 of your time
by W9JAB - 04/24/17 09:44 AM
15lb hammer limited
by W9JAB - 04/24/17 08:39 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.